Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midi no longer work in ME 2.1

edited August 2012 in MixEmergency
I just upgraded my rane61 to ME 2.1 and SL to 2.4.2. Now my previous midi mappings which worked using SL v2.3 and ME 2.0 no longer works. However, my midi for the crossfader still work. Am I missing another setting? It does not allow me to map anything either.

Comments

• edited 6:17PM
    a limitation of ssl is that rane mixers cannot output midi while ssl is running. this is because ssl uses proprietary drivers that 'grab' on to the mixer when ssl is started. because of this core audio no longer sees the 61 as a audio/midi device. if you close ssl you will be able to midi map as you did previously.

this has always been the case. the reason it was never noticed before was because you were using an SL box with SSL 2.3.3 and the 61 was being utilized as a standard midi mixer.

more info here: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/369969#new
    So I basically still need to use SSL 2.3.3 then. correct?

Since I can use the transitions within ME.
    If you wish to use the MIDI capabilities of the Rane 62 outside of Scratch Live (in this case, for MixEmergency), then yes, you'll need to run Scratch Live 2.3.3 (or lower) with an Rane SL 1/2/3/4 audio interface.
    thats cool. But what was the point of ME2.1 working with any SL version 2.3 or higher? Thought that was the whole point.....
    the whole point was for ME to work with SSL and it does. you get mixer controls (xfader, crossfader), media information (position, tempo, etc) to name a few.

Midi in SSL is a something totally different and has nothing to do with ME. As a a matter of fact, midi on rane mixers doesn't work outside of ssl with ANY software. this is an SSL problem.
    I agree. It is a problem. But I see what you mean. If you don't mind controlling everything via the computer instead of midi like most djs then the upgrade makes sense. Anyway, I'll wait till SSL stop hatin on you guys.