Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to record sound?

edited August 2012 in MixEmergency
I just purchased a new MacBook Pro. These do not come with a line in, only the headphone jack. I tried to record and there is no sound. I also tried to change the headphone jack to input but the option is not there in sound preferences. The only two options I have are built in mic and none. How can I record video and sound? Right now I'm recording video through ME and my sound through my 57. Then I sync them with iMovie. Obviously this is a hassle. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• edited 8:48AM
    There has been a recent post about this also.
    The only way around this is to buy an external usb soundcard, then run a rca from the mixer's record out or booth/master out into the usb, and record from that.

Or if you own the SL3 box you can use the aux in to record.
    Here is the link to the other thread.
    http://www.inklen.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=1025&page=1#Item_8
    Yeah, I would say that an external audio interface would be your best option.
    In theory, the second USB port on the Rane 62 could be used as a recording bus. I have not tried this yet, but the 62 is a Core Audio device and while the software is being controlled on USB A, the record output could be routed out USB B and into a third party application such as MixEmergency.

Again, based on information given by Rane, this could be true, but I have not had an opportunity to test it yet. Does anyone else have info to support or dispute this theory?
  • Did you try the USB port on the Rane 62 yet? Or did you go another route, i'm in the same boat now.
  • Mixtape function in the Bridge?
  • I just used iMovie. I record the sound on the Sixty One and ME records the video. Then I just put them together in iMovie.