Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video froze when I tried to change the text overlay

edited September 2012 in MixEmergency
Using the latest ME and Scratch Live 2.4.2 on a late 2011 Macbook Pro with 16GB ram and Snow Leopard.

Last night, 2 1/2 hours into my gig, someone wanted to give a birthday shout out. I had a text overlay running since the start (to let people know about the twitter feed). I chose an empty preset so I can change the text overlay, and the video froze. The music kept playing and SSL was still fully responsive. I left it like this for at least 30 seconds to see if it would unfreeze but it didn't, so I force closed ME. Mixlaunch restarted ME automatically and everything was fine after that. I was able to change to my other text overlay presets the rest of the night. The song playing when it froze was something I played many times before.

There was no crash log, and the ME log only showed the last song I was playing when it froze, and when ME restarted.

Any ideas?

Comments

• edited 11:04AM
    I can't think of what would cause that.

Have you tried setting it up again and re-triggering that empty preset to see if you can reproduce it?
  • edited 11:04AM
    Actually, after it restarted, I did manage to turn off the preset by clicking on the empty one. Everything worked fine the rest of the night. I have a feeling that it probably would have resumed eventually, I just didn't want to wait so long because it was a live gig.