Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need a new efx transition n got a cool idea..

edited December 2009 in MixEmergency
hey guys im using the akai pad to do alot of my transitions and selections of transitions.. so im able to use a knob to switch from transition to transition(for ex: strobe to grid3).. also able to adjust how it fast(for example) the strobing might go...

what i wondered with some of those efx if there was a way to automatically adjust the pitch or whatever automatically... with the grid 3 i love it, but sometimes wanna make it do the pitch adjusting itself instead me doin it... get it ?

Comments

• edited 1:35AM
    I don't quite understand what you want.

There are two main transition effect controls:
    1. Transition Select (the pop-up menu that allows you to select the transition, e.g. Dissolve, Grid, Strobe, etc)
    2. Transition Parameter Knob (the control that affects the currently selected transition, e.g. control how fast the Strobe transition strobes)

Do you mean that you want the transition to randomly adjust the Transition Parameter Knob?
    yes to be set randomly.. the grid 3 is awesome! but i feel like i have constantly adjust the parameter to make it look cool to people watching...
    How about an effect or transistion that has a translucent ttm57 mixer over one or both videos? It would be able to show channel faders position and maybe the EQ knobs too? Not sure as I haven't seen any FX in ME that work with the knobs. I have however seen that implemented back when I used VSL (long time ago)

Clear mixer with clear buttons and faders only showing an outline: OVER the video feed.......
    Interesting. I'll think about it.

Hey Pete, I think that would be a cool idea for a Quartz Composition overlay. That way people could customise it to their needs (i.e. maybe different styles of mixer). If anyone is interested in making one, then I wouldn't mind helping them out.