Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what do u guys think of sideline clinq?

edited February 2013 in MixEmergency
what do u guys think? i was hoping that u could do this with an ipad or something eventually... i been desperately trying to get nick to have this work with ME but somehow these guys are doing it?

anyone?

is anyone doin this with a monitor or ipad?

Comments

• I saw it there and am very tempted to give it a go. They said at the show that it also runs fine through a powered usb hub as well
  • how does it connect to ur computer?
  • they were at vdjc2 in vegas. it connects via usb. the device has a graphics card built in to it. your computer sees it as a second screen.

works perfectly with any app, including ME.

it's an amazing device being that it is compact, powered by usb and adds sd card slots. also you don't have to clip it to your laptop, it comes with a stand. it's also mad light.

i would have bought one but i have a 17" mac and don't need the extra screen real estate. it is dope tho.
  • it would be great if it was touch screen :(
  • thats why im hoping soemthign with the ipda comes around or someone figures it out. NICK! lol
  • Hey Guys,

DJ Jeff Metcalf, and member of the CINQ DJ team, let me know if you have any questions, I'd be more than Happy to answer them.

The CINQ is a secondary monitor, although it would be cool to have a touch screen tablet type device, you really need software designed around touch. As much as I love MixEmergency and Serato neither are really designed for touch interfaces, I personally move all my ME windows to the CINQ side and midi map my iPad for quick on the fly changes for effects etc. The benefit to having the CINQ is I can see if the changes took place or cycle through effects using a controller or iPad and still not leave the Scratch Live screen.

POWERED HUBS: Explained (Caution this gets a little technical)

Attached is picture of my setup last night, my CINQ monitor, Webcam, Dicers are plugged into a USB 3.0 POWERED Hub. http://amzn.com/B005QWY3PU This is the one I use without issues, its 3.0 so when I get my new computer it will work with newer faster USB ports, its powered, and most importantly each port has its own Host chip, some of the cheaper hubs are not powered and share one host controller chip. This is bad because if they are un-powered then you are drawing power off the laptop and you will find that your devices will stop working. (this goes for all USB devices) and the separate chips allow you to plug in a USB 3.0 device in Port 1 a USB 2.0 Device in Port 2 and a older USB 1.1 device in Port 3 and all will function at the levels designed for that device. The cheaper single host chip USB hubs will fall back to the lowest support USB version that is plugged into any port. So if you have the new USB 3.0 Hard Drive plugged into a cheap hub and plug in a CINQ or other USB 2.0 device, your hard drive falls back to the USB 2.0 specification because the single chip cant handle both at the same time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iec2gzose37pz7t/2013-02-22 21.23.36.jpg

Sorry for the winded response, but hope it helped.

DJ Jeff Metcalf
  • i guess the cinq thing is cool, but i would rather have my ipad do the work, cant u guys design an app for the ipad?

im sure u will sell more apps than the cinq units, sorry to sound negative.. but im just being straight forward...

im sure in time someone will figure it out to make it work with the ipad..