Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scratchlive 2.4.4

edited March 2013 in MixEmergency
I've been testing it with Mix Emergency for the last couple of hours. Everything seems to be working fine, but I wanted to start a thread for anyone having any issues. So far, so good here.

Comments

• No probs with me...been testing that since it was final RC2 (24418) the only problem i encounter is in ScratchLive..when re-annalyzing the files, some of the files get stucked...and i re annalyzed it again...
  • I ran ME with 2.4.4. last saturday all night and had no problems.
  • the only issue i have is i dont have my right Deck effects selection?
  • I haven't upgraded to this version and I came here looking for this thread. After all of the problems of the previous versions of Scratch Live I thought I'd wait and see what others were saying. MixEmergency works perfect with version 1.9.2 but I would like to upgrade at some point but I would like it to be stable
  • I've played a few shows now with 2.4.4, the only issue I'm having is Scratchlive related. The midi on different layers on the 62 is not saving and if you save it as a user preference, then it does some funny stuff. I'll check on it some more. But overall use with ME is good to go.
  • @djsteve - i'm currently on 2.4.2. my current fave since 1.9.2. used 2.0 until i had to make the jump so i could use a 62 mixer. 2.4.2 seems fine so far. haven't tried 2.4.4 yet.
  • Thanks for the feedback @skinnyguy. I will upgrade once more people leave positive feedback as I've been bitten too many times and some of my gigs are seriously long (over 6 hours) and no real backup if the stuff hits the fan with a crash
  • Here's my update on using 2.4.2, did 3 gigs and this version was pretty solid, no crashes at all, did notice that occasionally the circle of death appeared but music and video kept playing fine. My only concern was that I had 1 video show as corrupt which never occurred with 1.9.2 so I'm wondering if the tag writing is still affecting some videos.

I'm using quad core macbook pro and SL1 box with latest ME. Apple operating system 10.6.8
  • djsteve, not sure 2.4.4 will solve you're issues. Sounds like a problem with the file. I only use files from 3 different sources and about 80% are my own files. Also all of my files have been encoded within the last 2 years. Since switching over to ME, I've had no issues since.
  • I don't think it's a problem with the file because I have used it many many times using 1.9.2.
    That said, the file wasn't corrupt but was showing corrupt in the 2.4.2 version. I removed the said file from the database and checked it when I got home and all seemed well. It's definitely something to do with the new way SSL writes data to the video tags and reads the tags.
  • i'm on 2.4.4 now and liking it. a problem that appeared on 242 (constant re-writing of tags when loading next track) seems to have disappeared. so yea, seems like everything is golden. my new fave version so far.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys, I too had the same scan problem whilst analysing files, seemed to freeze on a few videos but was fine on audio. Clicking on Analyse again the files were scanned no problem as per @DjClint. Been testing at home for a couple of hours and couldn't find a problem so will be playing out tonight (5 hour gig) using 2.4.4 so will post my findings tomorrow.

Just for the record I found 87 video files that 2.4.4 found to be broken which worked perfectly fine in 1.9.2 and a handful of audio files which have all been repaired or replaced.

Cheers guys
  • edited April 2013
    yup, do stop the videos in annalyzing at the first time and u need to re annalyze it again...so for me its a bug...lol
  • Deffo a bug djClint. I've just done a 5 hour set using 2.4.4 and it was flawless. The only time I can get it to crash so far is when I'm offline analysing files and clicking on folders which is annoying but as long as it's stable when I'm playing out then I'm pretty happy with it. So far so good but I am doing 2 long gigs from today, audio only and I hope it's ok to use my 13'' dual core MacBook Pro with the new version, will let you know my findings
  • well thats the only problem thats why i dont want to jump in to 2.4.4 the analyzing its pain in the ass to analyze 10-15k videos again with that problem...well i just did 5hrs of set with videos on the 2.4.4 before but got no problem..
  • @djClint if you can get over the analysing problem then 2.4.4 is stable and good to go m8
  • @djsteve thats my problem too lazy to re annalyze again..ill just wait for a stable version neways im good with my 2.4.2 as of this moment...
  • edited April 2013
    Just found an annoying problem with SSL 2.4.4.
    Sometimes when I close it down it comes up with an error message "Scratch Live closed unexpectedly"
    I thought I was going mad but when it happens the latest tracks I had entered in the library just disappear from the library. Files are still there on the hard drive but are lost within the library of SSL. Will post on Serato after I've checked if there is a fix or if anyone else is having the same problem.

Files disappear from library but if they are in crates then they are still there, it's very strange
  • so i think its more on the library and crates issue...was just shocked they release the 2.4.4 too early in fack the final release was Release Candidate 2
  • I've got to rebuild my library again and scan my files again, gonna be a while :-(
  • yeah pain in the ass..especially if u got loads of files....
  • i do regular back up and do my playlist through itunes, just find it easier (until itunes change their design)
  • Does anyone use a 57 with the new 2.4.4? I'm still using 2.2.2 because I've never had a issue and I want to upgrade because I also use the new DDJ-SX. I want to be able to use the same HD.
  • @JCruz it works ok with the 57,iv been using it for the past 2weeks haven't had any issues..
  • I have been using a 57. I did the whole 2.4.4 with ME and resolume 4.14 all at the same time... only issue i had was resolume crashes... 2.4.4 and ME... perfect...