Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ME, my Ipad, TouchOSC, and questions

edited October 2013 in MixEmergency
So I have been working on a TouchOSC layout to help me with image over lays and text overlays and changing those on the fly in a hurry in the middle of the night. I have a TouchOSC layout in progress. Im learning as I go. What I can't for the life of me figure out is how to change the vertical tabs in the overlay window. On the right side of the window, I need a button or something to take me from text overlay to image overlay, etc. Im doing something wrong. I've tried creating a button for each tab. It maps to all tabs and the OSC layout wont take it off the top tab. I've tried different parameters, same result.

I feel like I don't know enough about the different parameters in midi mapping and how they affect ME. I cant seem to find a resource to help me figure out how to build a button that steps through versus 6 buttons (one for each tab).

I have successfully built a layout with mapped buttons for moving the overlay menu left and right (tab #1, tab #2, etc) and for selecting one of the 12 options in each tab. I cant figure out how to change overlay tabs entirely (from text to image, etc). Is there a particular channel or number or range? Is my midi type correct in TouchOSC (currently control change)? Is there a good list of definitions for this stuff somewhere?

Any help is appreciated. I'm running a new macbook and the latest version of ME with the latest versions of TouchOSC and TouchOSC Bridge.

Comments

• There are two ways to do this:

1) You could use a slider in Touch OSC, and map this to the tab area.

2) Create 2 buttons in Touch OSC, and in the Advanced mode of the MIDI mapping area map each button, setting one to "Increment" and one to "Decrement" in the Advanced settings.
  • Awesome, Ill try that.