Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Output to LED SCREEN WALL

edited October 2013 in MixEmergency
Hello,

I've been trying to output the video signal of mixemergency to a LED SCREEN WALL. Even if the screen is like 8m x 5m the real matrix resolution is 240x162.
My scaler can't down scale that low.
I've try to reduce the output window of ME to the minimum but it still too big to display the complete video.
My question is: Is there a way to display the video in 240x162 (wich is different from downgrading the video quality from 1080 to 240x162).

thx

Comments

• The smallest that the non-fullscreen MixEmergency window will go is 320 x 180 pixels.

If you could resize this window smaller, would that fix the problem?
  • Hello Nick

Yes definitly because I checked how they display video on this wall. They use a media player and resize the output window to 240x162. Then on an extended dual screen desktop they put the small player on the top left corner of the second screen. And it fit perfectly to the led screen output.
    We could expect a dirty quality and very low resolution quality, it could sounds strange but it' works and that look nice for far away. May be our eyes do a kind of ant-aliasing.

but to make a long story short. yes that would fix my issue in this club. and it looks like more and more club are buying wall led screen that come from china and none of them come with a down scaler. They all have their own dedicated video software. So everything that is alread< on their computer work fine....but linking an external video source is not an option.
  • Can you send me an e-mail (to: contact@inklen.com) with reference to this discussion, and I'll see if I can sort something out for you (though, it may not be until earlier next week, as I'm out of the office).
  • I made some visual for an led setup recently,

the main thing you need to know it what input the "led screen driver' is expecting to recieve,

in my instance it was 800x600, it then scaled that to the led screen, even if in reality it was only 192x128pixels, it seemed to work perfectly and you mac even puts 800x600 in as native resolution when connected to the led wall driver,

hope this helps

owen
  • the only other thing i would try is x4 the native res, so from 240x162 = 960x648

also in my experience if you output at actual resolution it look surprisingly pixelated even on a wide pitch screen, the higher resolution the better definition in colours on the pixels, so i would try to output as high as possible to the led driver!!
  • Just to throw this out there, i have a retina macbook and the project I'm working on involves LED screens. My output wouldn't display on the LED wall at all until i download a resolution manager, (SwitchResx i think). This allowed me to scale down the video output even further to fit the native resolution of the screen
  • Just thought I would share what I am doing with ME and one MASSIVE LED wall at the venue I currently rock every Friday night. Using a VGA over cat5 setup to get my video signal to the LED wall's switcher and my results are excellent in my opinion. No scaling and ME set to medium video quality. At this size of LED wall, resolution does't seem to be an issue. Check out the clip linked below and don't mind the dudes dancing after I pan away from the wall, it is a gay friendly night. Cryo blast 3/4 through the clip.
  • could you use the main output preview window?