Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mavericks problemo (Not Inklen Problemo_

edited January 2014 in MixEmergency
This is a problem i found with the operating system Mavericks in general, Not the software, but i think it is worth warning you guys about it because i lost a nights work out of this problem with the software failing on me and it was not possible for me to load MIXEMERGENCY....

I just installed Mavericks yesterday on my early 2008 MBP. I checked my essential software was running successfully after instalation (Serato & ME) All was good at first glance, However when i attached the VGA adapter for my video out feed the curser on the screen disappeared ? . I looked this problem up on google as i was at my venue, already late to start work and feeling slightly embarrassed that my software fas failing for me. I could no solution on how to fix this. My only option is to uninstall Mavericks and go back to mountain lion.

This sucks APPLE !

Just a precaution for anyone with the same model as me peeps, check it with the lead BEFORE you go to you gig !!

Stevie

Comments

• That's odd. I've never heard of this happening to anyone before.
  • the cursor went to the second screen probably...that's why it happened after you plugged in the VGA.

10.9 is way better than previous versions...you can also go to mission control in system preferences and chafe a few things so that doesn't happen again...uncheck displays have separate spaces.

don't throw out the OS due to a minor issue...
  • edited February 2014
    You should prepare for failure have a playlist you can play while working thru issues like this sounds like operator error from my perspective your cursor was on the other screen and you do need to uncheck the displays have separate spaces box run it thru its paces before the show it's not the soft ware i'm running mavericks and have no issues at all...
  • +1 ^^^ same here...Mavericks is an amazing OS...no issues at all