Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoPro 3+ Mix Emergency Video Input?

edited June 2014 in MixEmergency
I was wondering if anyone has been able to use their GoPro 3+ cameras through wifi on Mixemergency as a video input... if so how? thanks.

Comments

• I don't think that this is possible at the moment. MixEmergency needs a QuickTime compatible video input device - so if you can't see the device in QuickTime Player, then MixEmergency won't be able to use it.
  • The preview that you get over wifi from the go pro is seriously reduced quality. And slightly delayed. I've tried the hard wired mini HDMI route and that doesn't work either.
    It would be cool to use a 'DJ's View' of the crowd in the mix....
  • Why didn't the HDMI connection work? (assuming that you used an HDMI input device)
  • There's every chance that it was the micro HDMI to USB cable I tried. It was cheap.
  • What capture device did you use it with (to get the HDMI into your computer)?
  • I didn't. I used a cheap cable that I thought might work without a capture device. It didn't.
    I'm keen to get the GoPro working though, I'll keep trying & report back.
  • the delay is not so bad... latency is less than a second on wifi to the iPhone App. There is also videos on how to connect to the camera through wifi to A Mac App, VLC and Quicktime on youtube. So there should be a way to get it on MixEmergency right?
    Here are two ways.
    1. With a App
    2. With VLC
    3. With QuickTIme
  • I'll check these out later - but I'm not sure that it's actually creating a QuickTime compatible input device. Instead, I think it might just be opening the stream directly.
  • Blackmagic intensity extreme works the best with any HD camera. The newer iphone5 cameras with air beam are also a good option. Faster wifi than previous iPhones and you can even use it with Motrr Galileo for remote controlling the camera.
    Ive used a macbook, iphone4, iPhone 5 and iPad + a canon with intensity extreme all at once over a year ago. Checkout the video I made. I used an mpd32 to switch cameras
    You can tell the difference in cameras thats for sure but the new iPhone 5c is the 1!!