Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST EXPORT METHOD QUESTIONS

edited September 2014 in MixEmergency
The files I'm using are on an external drive and I'm currently exporting to my desktop.
Is the fastest method to export the output file to the external drive, the internal drive or perhaps a second external?
Is it any faster if I move the files I need for the export to the internal drive?
What is the highest FPS you guys are getting when you are exporting? (~15FPS is quite fast for me, and it can go as low as 2FPS)
If I can export a 30minute mix in less than an hour, I'm happy. Is that similar to everyone else's experience?
One last question... if I'm using 8 or 9 songs that are all averaging less than 100mb to complete a 30minute mix, is it normal for my output file (1920x1080) to be around 7-8 GB?

Comments

• The most important factor is usually the compression settings that you're using. Exporting to Full HD will take a lot longer than exporting to 640x360, for example.

Generally, it's probably a good idea to export the video to the internal drive - but often you won't notice any difference.