Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Option to not render channel effects possible?

edited February 2015 in MixEmergency
I usually record my non-video sets with ME coz I like it way better than Serato's recording feature. So most times I just have it recording in the background and I'm not really watching the video output. The problem is sometimes channel effects get loaded by accident, and for the whole set the same effects are on. Depending on which effect, like the ones that distort or brighten/darken the display a lot, some of the renders are unpostable.

Is there any way we can have a feature to disable channel effects, the same way we can disable text,image,and quartz composition overlay?

Comments

• It's an interesting thought, but a little too specific. I think there should be controls to edit more than this - e.g. in your case you want effects off, in another case someone will want a different transition, etc.
  • That would work too Nick, but I normally disable the transitions I don't use.

As an example, for some reason my latest recording is all black and white. If I had the option then the render would come out normal.

Or another thought, do you think I can just disable all the effects, since I tend not to use them anyway?
  • Yeah - that would be one way around it. How are the effects being loaded in the first place? Do you have the Load/Save effect preference enabled? (this is on the first panel in MixEmergency's Preferences)
  • Good question. I really don't know as both options are unchecked. Maybe an old midi mapping or something... Maybe one day when I have time I'll reset my midi preferences to see if it goes away.

I would still like to see the option, in case during a recording I don't like the effects, there would be a chance to not load them during rendering...
  • Do you have all your Mixer FX disabled?