Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ddj sz cross fader

edited March 2015 in MixEmergency
hi i have been using a dd sz for a while now and every now and again maybe a good 10 times and over the cross fader jumps for the middle on ME crossfader and i dont touch the cross fader on the sz when it does it , if i move the cross fader it will go back again

cheers matt

Comments

• Hi Matt,

Have you mapped it via MIDI, or are you using the natively mapped fader from Serato DJ?
  • Hi nick ,
    i have a midi map for the cross fader on a pioneer djm800 and another mixer aswell do you think this would be causing the problem because the ddj sz has a midi map already set

cheers matt
  • It's definitely a possiblity that there is a conflicting MIDI mapping.

Try saving the MIDI mapping (so that you can reload it when you use your other mixers) and then perform complete reset of it (you can do this on the MIDI Window).

You shouldn't need to have any MIDI mapping for the fader of the DDJ SZ, so long as you have Serato DJ running at the same time.
  • ok thats great im only really using the sz at the moment so i have deleted all the midi mapping that i was using on the djm800 mixer , it was only a few things so not much to add back in when i go back to using a djm800 again.
    I will just use the preset midi mapping for the ddj sz i did notice there is alot of mapping even down to the channel pots low,med, high pots do different affects on the video etc
    i will give thats a go next time im the ddj sz

cheers matt
  • I play with a buddy who uses Traktor while I use SDJ/ME on the SZ. When we switch the a/b sound card inputs from me to him the midi on my side jumps the crossfader to the middle on ME when he's playing, but when i'm on its fine.
  • Do you have it MIDI mapped? Or auto-mapped via Serato DJ? It's likely that it's just Serato DJ placing the fader in the center when one deck is changed to use the oppsite (a/b) side.
  • Hi nick it solved the problem played out last night and didnt get the problem once so it defo was a conflicting midi promlem because i had one set up for a djm 800 mixer aswell

cheers matt
  • Cool. Glad to hear it.
  • I have worked out something else now , so i deleted everything midi on ME for use with the sz but when i went to use another mixer at home and not the sz this mixer was assigned to the crossfader in serato video but not ME but in ME the crossfader was still working without having anything assigned , not sure if this is right but it was happening soon as i deleted the crossfader in serato video it stopped working in ME is there some kind of connection with both programmes ?
  • Yeah, when the crossfader moves in Serato Video, the same should happen in MixEmergency (so long as the Use External Controller Crossfader preference is enabled, and the Crossfader fading mode is selected).
  • Ok but I never had Serato video open at that time ?
  • They don't need to both be open.
  • ok cheers nick well i have deleted all the midi in serato video anyway i never use it and using a sz at the moment so will just assign crossfader in ME when i need to use it again

cheers matt