Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ME3 Video Freeze and black screens

edited April 2015 in MixEmergency
Hi Nick,

ok a few issues i have noticed videos when loaded are black on some times the video stays black while playing most the time within a few seconds the video will appear.

the freeze issue i have an add loaded into the media bank when playing an mp3 the add is freezing and glitchy. i have a recording on my phone of this so you can see what i mean.

200mb catche with a 1gb GPU

2.7ghz i7 2012 16gb ram and 1gb dedicated gpu.

SV and me before version 3 work 100% fine.

also i did all the optimise things on your site apart from i split the screens as i only use the deck screens not the output preview. and they are in the dead space on sdj.

Thanks.

Comments

• Perhaps you can upload the video to YouTube so that I can check it out?

Is the advert that you're playing a looping video file? There is an issue that I've found (and fixed) relating to the first frames (all frames between the first and second keyframes) that can cause no output at the start of the video. The fix for this will be in MixEmergency 3.0.1 (which is currently being tested).
  • I was playing a video we had done it seemed really glitchy. However my cache was set at 1gb. Like dj-woolsey said ME2 worked fine.
  • made video private not sure if this works

and that sounds good on the fixes you got coming. Very good.
  • I'm unable to play that video sorry.

DJ Spanner - can you reduce your cache size? I would suggest start with the minimum. In the next version of MixEmergency it will recommend a cache size if your settings are outside of the recommended range - as this seems to be causing issues for most people.
  • I will do this and try it out tomorrow nite.
  • Here you go Nick anyone should be able to watch it now.

i also have had the catche on the lowest setting since i been using it.

that video should all turn spin smooth and the nice smooth playback as you can see it is glitchy as hell.
    Cheers Andy.
  • Can you try MixEmergency 3.0.1 (which was released today)?
  • tried 3.0.1 same issue with the video from media bank when playing an mp3. is there a way i can upload the advert mp4 so you can test out?

Cheers.
  • Yes, perhaps you can send it to me via a service such as sendspace.com?
  • To support@inklen.com
  • Done you should get an e-mail.
  • Thanks
  • Well, I've managed to reproduce this. It's quite strange - it plays perfectly the first time that it is played through. It's on the second loop that it starts having issues. I'll try to look into this further tomorrow.
  • Hi thanks and glad you had same results, Hopefully you nail the issue.
    Cheers Andy.
  • Ok so just converted this add to HAP and loaded into media bank, Now runs smooth as butter.
  • Cool :)

Hopefully I can get this other issue fixed up this week. I have a feeling that it's going to be a difficult problem to find and fix though.
  • Well am i ok to run all the adds in hap? or will this lower performance in some way? as seems a perfect workaround for now and harddrive space is not an issue for me.

Cheers.
  • Yeah, that would be fine. It's a great format for short video loops.
  • Good news - I'm fairly certain that I've managed to find and fix this issue. It wasn't easy, haha. I still have to have it run through our beta testing team, but I think it should be fine. The fix will be in MixEmergency 3.0.2 (which will be released when it's ready).
  • Man I hope so. I will gladly beta test the fix.
    Ive been holding off commenting about the new version hoping it gets worked out.
    Im using a mid 2012 macbook pro with a 1GB GPU.
    ScratchLive / ME 2.71 plays any of my 35k+ videos without a glitch.
    These new versions simply cannot. Even with the lowest settings, it takes a good 12 seconds before I can even see the video, and have been sore about the extra 90 bucks I had to pay.
    Make it happen Nick. My show relies on ME, like bigtme.
  • Are you using MixEmergency 3.0.1?
  • Yes sir. Is the same with both new versions. I even accepted the recommended settings upon launch.
  • edited April 2015
    Also, if you're having problems - don't hesitate to contact me. Either here, or via e-mail ( support@inklen.com ). I'm always keen to hear about (and try to fix) any playback problems.

MixEmergency 3 has had some *huge* changes "under-the-hood", and even though we have a lot of beta testers who have been testing it over the last 6 months, it's often not until it gets released and 100s of users get to try it that we find more subtle issues (such as particular hardware, setups, video encodings, etc that can cause problems).
  • Would it be possible for you to zip/archive and e-mail me your MixEmergency log file?

You can find it at:

~/Movies/MixEmergency/MixEmergency.log
  • [quote]Good news - I'm fairly certain that I've managed to find and fix this issue. It wasn't easy, haha. I still have to have it run through our beta testing team, but I think it should be fine. The fix will be in MixEmergency 3.0.2 (which will be released when it's ready). [/quote]

Good work Nick :-)
  • Thanks
  • MixEmergency 3.0.2 is out now - let me know if it fixes the problems for you.