Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feature request: Keyboard Shortcut and Midi Mappable Record Button with 'Armed' recording

edited September 2015 in MixEmergency
I'm only using 2.7.1 so if this is in 3.0, forgive me but with all the awesome mapping abilities ME has, I find it strange that I'm not able to map the record button. I'm not even able to access it from the Mix Emergency or Control windows.

It's a real problem because I have ME set to always stay on top, but in order to access the recording menu you have to switch that off, then set record up, hit the record button, find your bearings and start your mix, then switch ME back to always on top. This inevitably leaves a small gap at the start of your video which sometimes requires trimming and therefore transcoding.

I know, with the right tool, it's possible to trim video files non-destructively, but I don't really want to trust that a particular player is going to recognise and respect the commands and not just play from the true start time.

Being able to arm a recording would be another really useful feature, especially once the record button is mappable. Please consider this if it isn't already in the works. And if I'm missing something, please let me know. Thx

Comments