Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feature request: Individual, mappable mix knobs for each sample slot

edited September 2015 in MixEmergency
I'd love to be able to control the mix level of each individual sample slot to the faders on my APC40.

1) It would improve the blending/fading between samples as right now, all you get is an on/off effect which doesn't really look good.
2) It would mean I could leave loops running (providing I had enough CPU) and then mix them in and out like I can with other VJ software.
3) They could sync up with the volume control knobs of the SP6 in Serato so that as the audio is turned down, the visual is too.
4) Implementation could be by way of a multi-mix mode, like the way you can select between single FX and multi FX in Serato. Or with dual controls as in the SP6.

The only downside a novice like me can see is where to put the knobs on the GUI without making the sample window bigger than it is now. I vote to lose the eject button. I might be missing something but it seems redundant to me.

The only reason I can see for ejecting a slot is to clear it in order to load a new one. But you can't load a sample with a simple press of a button; you still have to use your mouse and literally drag a new sample to the slot, right? And when you do, it overrides the existing sample anyway, making the need to eject it beforehand pointless.

So I think you could swap the eject button for a mix knob and not lose anything but gain (pun not intended) so much. :)

Any chance of ever seeing this?

Comments

• And if you still wanted to keep the eject function, this could be handled by way of a master eject/reset button to the right of where the master mix knob is now. All you would have to do is select one or more slots and hit eject all. Only downside I can see to this would be a) changing the workflow that people may have gotten used to and b) it would mean a sample would first need to be made visible in order to ejected, which would be undesireable, especially if linked to an audio sample.

A much simpler implementation would be to include a mappable mix knob in the edit window. That way, you can set a fixed mix level beforehand or map it so it can be adjusted at will when the edit window is closed.

However it's done, I would really like to have this feature. Is it likely?
  • Yeah, I can understand this.

I'm hoping to do some work on opacity controls in the future.
  • In that case, I'm hoping you do too. :) Would be awesome if you could. Thx