Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tonetable query

edited March 2016 in Tonetable
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get tonetable working with a ms pinky based patch I made in M4L originally - so far the closest I've got to the patch and tonetable responding is that the audio play head plays through forward but not back (it does however stop when I halt the platter on the tonetable app)
My question is regarding compatibility and setup - is the tonetable control frequency compatible with ms pinky? (I have tried all the frequency settings on the app, including 2k) I don't know what the pinky carrier frequency is for their timecode vinyls unfortunately (and all their online forums are unresponsive because I think the company isn't in operation so much these days)

My second part of this question is perhaps it is an error in my physical setup - I'm running the iPad to my interface via a mini stereo jack to 1/4 stereo Jack (singular 1/4 not dual split) is there an optimum lead to read signals?

I realise that vst ScratchTrack works with tonetable and ableton but that doesn't carry the options I have in this pinky patch.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly apppreciated!

Many thanks
Phil

Comments

• Hi Phil,

I can't say that I've tried it with Ms Pinky, and have no idea what frequency it uses.

With regards to the playback problems, your lead sounds like it is fine, though I would check that you don't have your iPad set up to play back mono audio (there is an option somewhere in one of the audio settings of the iOS settings).