Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rane 62 sharp cut on cross fader (Follow in ME)

edited May 2016 in MixEmergency
I'm using serato DJ 1.7.7 on OSX 10.8.5 with my Rane 62. I always have the cross fader set to as sharp (fast) as possible. But ME won't follow my cross fader exactly. When cross fader in the middle and audio is playing at full volume the video will dim slightly.

Is there a way to not have the video dim at all? Is there something I'm missing or a workaround?

Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Which transition are you using? Have you tried using the Hold or Cut transitions?
  • Hey Nick, thanks for the response. Using different transitions has helped for sure. Hold & Cut are cool for straight scratching but I like to switch between mixing a scratching. "Difference" is working for me tho. Thanks

Another question with the 62. I use the built in echo effect (for echo out) on the 62 a ton. Is there a way for the video to mimic the audio with echo out once the fader is pulled down? You have to arm the "flex fx" per channel then turn the effect on. So would I need to use modifier or something? Hope I'm making sense. Thanks for the help
  • It depends what you want exactly. You could use the MixerFX section of MixEmergency to add an effect, such as the Zoom Feedback (or Delay, etc) effect, when you activate the audio delay effect. I'm sure you could probably find some good combinations - though it may not match the video exactly, you should be able to find something that looks good.
  • Interested in this too as I use echo out on my mixer quite often.
    Can I map that mixer echo out to the ME mixer FX you suggested. Only problem is that Echo is three action process on the Mixer in question.
    First you Select Echo, Adjust the wetness, hit the flex for the channel, then Another button to trigger the FX.

I know I can skip most of the steps and just hit one button then it becomes confusing on which button to map.

• Think it might be easier to map say the DJ SP1 button and use software echo out
  • Yeah, that might be the easier option.