Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking at buying a new mac

edited October 2016 in MixEmergency
I'm looking at getting a new computer to run mix emergency with Serato DJ. I currently have have a late 2011 13inch macbook pro with 16gb of ram and 1tb ssd. This computer has the integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. I've used this computer for the last 5 years with success running either mix emergency or serato video. It doesn't look the best but it get the job done now i feel it's time to upgrade. My question is how well will http://www.apple.com/shop/product/FF840LL/A/refurbished-133-inch-macbook-pro-27ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display, or this http://www.apple.com/shop/product/FJLQ2LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macbook-pro-22ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display computer run mix emergency 3.1 with serato dj. Keep in mind i'm not heavily into effects nor do i use HD videos.

I'm looking for something a little more powerful than what i currently have because after using the latest version of mix emergency i'm experiencing freezes to the video while the audio continues to play. I also find my current computer running serato video better than mix emergency. I've also noticed my macbook pro temperature at a 90 celsius throughout the night and thats too high for an extended period of time.

I've read that the current version of mix emergency is more efficient and runs well with integrated graphics card but i'm assuming that my current computer wouldn't fall into that category. I'm wondering how the newer (than my current) graphics like the Intel Iris Graphics 6100, or the Intel Iris Pro Graphics will work for my situation?

Comments

• Either of those computers should run MixEmergency a lot better than your current system. If possible, it's always best to get the best computer you can afford - and it's always good to have extra headroom when it comes to things like the CPU (i.e. better to have the quad-core CPU than the dual-core).
  • Thanks Nick i appreciate the response