Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bar Video Setup

edited January 2018 in MixEmergency
looking to setup video on other TVs. First, I play off one TV (#3) at the moment but manager wants me to try to find a way to setup on more TVs around the bar area. The setup here at the bar is different. There no matrix to control all TVs there a splitter to every 3 TVs. Now the setup looks like this...TV #1 is connect to Cable Box from the box, hdmi goes into a Splitter from the splitter it goes out to TV #2 and TV# 3 (which i play from ) If I add a switch to the 3rd TV( i play off) will that signal carry to the other TVs ? I'm assuming its "NO" but i'm just making sure.... or do i add the switch to Main input on the splitter? only asking this so its easier to setup since TV #3 is near the dj setup...thanks

Comments

• I'm a little confused, sorry. I suspect that the answer is "no", though.
  • ok i figured it was a No.... one more question .... Would you happen to know if a HDMI switch will work with a Splitter so the bar manager can switch from my macbook display and their cable box?
  • To be honest, I'm not really up-to-date with these sorts of hardware connectors, so I will have to let another member answer this.
  • Easy way is was the bar to get someone in to do a proper cable run for you.

Proper HDMI port in your booth

They can do a HDMI over Lan Run

Then this is terminates where the Cable box to TV 1 is.

At this point they can use a HDMI Matrix/Switch with a remote control eg 4 to 1 or 4 to 4

2/4 input to one output
    Or
    4 input to 4 output

That way all the TVs will see what TV 1 is receiving using their old splitter system.

I had to get a bar to do this too. It was a more complex set up.

• thanks dj Marv