Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sample Player Playing Video Upside Down

Not sure what I did, maybe it was a keyboard shortcut? How do I get it playing rightside up again though? Actual video from player A & B is fine.

Comments

• That's interesting. I'm not sure what might cause this. Can you give me some more details:

1) Which version of MixEmergency are you using?
    2) Which version of macOS are you running?
    3) What are the specs of your computer (model, year, etc)?

• 1) Mix Emergency Version 3.3.0 (3.3.0.25)
    2) OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
    3) MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012); 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7; 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Hmmmmm Nick I started thinking and realized I didn't have this problem until I installed the Beta 3.3.0 so just launched my old 3.2.0 and the sample player video is fine. If I accidentally changed a setting in my ME, wouldn't that change carry over to any other version I launched as well?

The plot thickens lol

• So, when you switch back to 3.3 the videos go upside down again?

You can have both versions installed on your computer at once - just rename the new one to MixEmergency3.3 (or something similar).

Also, do you know what format the videos are in? (i.e. the video codec that was used to compress them)

• Yes, I have both versions installed and yes when I launch 3.3 and play a file from the sample player, the video output is upside down. When I launch 3.2 those same videos output rightside up. I' not sure of the codec used for these. I can find out and report back cuz it seems I may have found bug. I'm not sure how to find out though. Do you know how?

• You can open the video in QuickTime player, then open the Inspector window. This should list it.

I think that I may have found a bug in the Sample Player code and am just waiting on another user to see if my fix for this has resolved the issue.

• Of the few I have half are "AVC" and the others are "H.264" but all of them play upside down.

• I've managed to find (and fix) a bug in the rendering of the Sample Player. The fix will be available in the next public beta, or final release, of MixEmergency. Thanks for your help!

• Ahhh that's cool man glad I could help find one ;-)