Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SECONDARY DISPLAY

edited January 2009 in MixEmergency
How do I SET UP A SECONDARY DISPLAY on my Macbook with a GMA X3100 card? or is it not possible?

Comments

• edited 7:26AM
    What is the type of the output display connector for your MacBook? It should be either mini-DVI or Mini DisplayPort.

You will need to buy a small adaptor for that port (though you may already have one) that converts the output of your MacBook (i.e. mini-DVI or Mini DisplayPort) to another format, such as VGA or DVI, that you can use with your TV/projector.

Once you have your display connected, you will also have to make sure that "Mirror Displays" is unchecked in the Display panel of the System Preferences.
    The Mirror Displays was my problem. I unchecked it, and it's fine now. Thanks for getting back to be.
    Is anyone using the Matrox DualHead2go or Matrox TripleHead2go in order to get the video preview screens onto another monitor?
    I don't know of anyone using them - but I'd be interested to know if anyone is.