Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Blemishes during playback

edited March 2009 in MixEmergency
I have a macbook, 2.4 with 4 gb one and use Mix emergency with Serato. I am wondering why the playback of my videos are not completely perfect. I know the files are good because I preview them before I store them, but when everything is set up it get a lil pixelated or distorted. The music always is good, it is just the video that is not coming through perfect. I have all my vidz on a WD passport with firewire to pull from. Any help would be great thanks. O ya could it be because I don't have a macbook pro or something that has to do with my video card??

Comments

• edited 12:59PM
    Hi,

Your MacBook should be powerful enough to play back videos flawlessly.

I've got a few questions relating to your problem:
    1. What version of MixEmergency are you using (you can check this in MixEmergency's "About" box)?
    2. Does this occur consistantly? (i.e. do you have a video that this happens to all the time - or does this only occur some of the time - or is it all videos?)
    3. Does this only occur when using effects on videos?
    4. Does this occur when playing the video using the Cut/Hold or Stay transitions?
    5. What OS version are you using?
    6. What graphics card is in your MacBook? (To check this, click the Apple in the top-left of your screen, then "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the window that opens. Then select "Graphics/Displays in the table at the left and it will have the graphics card model as the title.)
    7. What software are you using to compress your videos?
    8. Do you still notice the problems in MixEmergency when you play videos off your internal drive?

I've also sent you an email with a few other questions, so check your spam folder if you don't see it by now.