Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midi Control of Internal mode to scratch live mode

edited March 2012 in MixEmergency
Hi,

I have recently started using mix emergency but a friend has had it for a few versions and he said that he has got the switch between scratch live and mix emergency internal mode midi mapped, is it a feature you took away or something you could add to the current version as it would be useful to use in a three deck scenario, so if playing on a non video deck i can run visuals in internal until i play the next video track on one of the scratch live decks,

thanks owen

Comments

• edited 11:43AM
    Perhaps he is talking about the little selection menu at the top-right corner of the main MixEmergency window. This can be set to either MixEmergency (which will add transport controls, so that you can play/reverse/etc the video) or Scratch Live (which hands over all control of position to Scratch Live).
    Yeah that is what i mean,

perhaps i need to experiment with this further before assuming it doesn't already achieve what i want,

i will have a play with it and let you know if i have any further questions,

thanks owen
    Can this be midi mapped and if so how? It doesn't turn green when midi map mode is enabled.
    No, not currently.
    Is there a keyboard shortcut? It would be helpful to switch from SSL to internal without moving the cursor. That was my main objective for using midi tbh.
    No, the only way to do this right now is by using a mouse/trackpad.

I'll see about getting this MIDI mapped - there's no reason that it shouldn't be.
    Awesome! *looks for donate button*