Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new to mixemergency

edited April 2012 in MixEmergency
1st im not going back to video sl been with them since it first came out....lol...2nd i get alot of compliment @ the clubs i play @ on how the videos and effects are out of this world since i got ME...now to the ? how do i launch preset effects (do i need a midi controller)? also how to use and take advantage of the QC overlay? i see that ME is not setup like serato VSL. i cant use the key board for the faders like VSL,not an issue (picked up a djm 800) or is there a way to do that?

Comments

• edited 11:17AM
    to save presets load an effect in a deck, set your parameters, select an effects slot and click save. be sure of whether or not you have a, b, mid or actv selected as this is saved with the effect.

to trigger a preset click the number 1-12 of the effects slot. these buttons can be midi mapped to a midi mixer or midi controller. i use an akai lpd8 for this.

transitions, text overlay, image overlay and QC overlay are saved/triggered in a similar fashion.

QC overlay uses quartz composer. you drag a qtz file onto the qtz composition overlay panel. you can save it as a preset in the qc overlay presets tab. an example of a qc overlay is the twitter feed which can be found on the inklen forums.

since you have a djm 800, you can midi map the upfaders and xfader to ME's faders.
    thank you djnyce
    Shouts to djnyce always helping out thank you
  • @ djnyce, just wondering if you can share you mapping for LPD8??? dj_aquarius76@yahoo.com thanks in advance
  • i stopped using the lpd8 because it broke lol. i use the traktor kontrol x1 or my ipad w/lemur. anyways i was using the lpd8 stock. all i did was map it in mixemergency.

i had it like this (sideways buttons left, knobs right)

pad knobs
    ----- --------
    fx1 fx2 fx3 fx4 deck1fx p1 p2 transition
    fx5 fx6 fx7 fx8 deck2fx p1 p2 transitionmix

i also used shift modifiers to gain access to transition, text, image, qc and fx sequencer presets. so for example shift + fxp1 will be mapped to fx9. also used modifiers to access fx mix, blend mode, etc.

with the shift modifiers on your keyboard (shift, control, option, command) you get 4x the buttons and knobs. you just have to remember what they are. a good strategy is to use one modifier for effects, another for transitions and so on and so on.
  • @djnyce, Thanks for the Reply , im not really good in this but will try to do the same way and i hope it will work.

cheers