Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Setup

edited September 2009 in MixEmergency
This question is really for Nick and i know this sounds stupid but i dont know the proper way to setup.

I have had VSL for a while and bought ME because i liked the logo feature and the media bank feature. These two functions help me a great deal so thanks in advance.

The problem i have is when loading ME. Do i start up Scratch Live with the VSL plugin enabled and then start up ME or do i load Scratch Live without the VSL plugin enabled and load up ME. Im pretty sure ME works without VSL enabled but then i load it the way it says in the manual (with VSL enabled), it works but the Scratch Live GUI works dead slow and judders quite a bit. When im scrolling to select a song its not smooth and the line that moves in the Circle Deck thing also judders. I think im not loading it properly because when i read the ME forum everyone says it takes less CPU usage and is much more smoother and better than VSL. I stopped using ME because im afraid it may crash my Macbook Pro. Please Help, Thanks in advance.

Macbook Pro Specs (Unibody)

2.66 Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram
320GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT Graphics with 512MB of GDDR3 memory.

95% of my videos are bought from Smash Vidz, Xtendamix and 8th Wonder Promos. The rest i edit and convert myself using Vegas and Mpeg Streamclip.

Comments

• edited 1:28PM
    VSL should not be running when you are running ME - so you shouldn't ever push the "video" button on the main Scratch Live window. If you are running ME and see the VSL icon in your OS X dock (i.e. VSL is running), then your computer will be doing twice the amount of work that it needs to be doing (i.e. it will be decoding 4 videos at once instead of 2). From your description it looks as though you have both plug-ins running, which will put a greater strain on your CPU and cause the Scratch Live GUI to update slower than normal.

The part in the manual that tells you to "enable" VSL is in reference to the "enable VSL" checkbox in the Scratch Live settings - not to actually running the plug-in. Enabling this checkbox is only necessary when adding videos from your computer to your Scratch Live library.
    I think you can add MP4's in Scratchlive 1.9.1 without having the VSL plugin enabled. Thanks for your help and advice, i will try it (ME 1.3.0) on the weekend and let you know if i get any problems, thanks.
    I just checked: Scratch Live 1.9.1 still requires VSL enabled to add MP4 video to your library.

Anyway, let me know how you get on with MixEmergency.