Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deckadance/VDJ Setup

edited September 2009 in Tonetable
I'm having issues connecting Virtual DJ and Deckadance to Tonetable. Could you help me with this? I am not using any Hardware. Thanks.

Comments

• edited 1:49AM
    I'm not too familiar with Virtual DJ - but for Deckadance you need to:

1. Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch to your computer's audio input (you'll most likely need a 1/8" (i.e. like a small headphone jack) to 1/8" stereo connection cable).
    2. Start Tonetable.
    3. In the title bar of Deckadance you'll need to push the "Audio" button to open the Audio Setup window.
    4. In the Input Routing section of the Audio Setup window you need to assign "Input A Left" to your audio interface's 1st channel, and "Input A Right" to your audio interface's 2nd channel.
    5. Close the Audio Setup window.
    6. Open the "Vinyl/Ext Cntrl" panel in the main window.
    7. Make sure that Tonetable is playing and that the volume on your iPhone is not silent.
    8. In the "Deck A Vinyl Control" section you should notice a circle small circle.
    9. Turn up (or down) the volume on your iPhone until that circle is around half the size of the graph's area.
    10. In the "Deck A Vinyl Control" section select the relative mode controller icon (there are 3 icons, from top to bottom: absolute mode, relative mode, internal mode).
    11. In the "Deck A Vinyl Control" section push and hold "Learn Timecode".

Now, if you load a track onto deck A you will be able to control the track with Tonetable.