Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't record!

edited June 2012 in MixEmergency
Hi guys

I was wondering if you guys could help me out here. `trying to record but that's not really working right as the Scratchlive output colour refuses to change. Restarted a couple of time but it remains on red and so can't perform any recording. What could be the reason for this, looked online for answers but no succes

Comments

• edited 5:05PM
    Are you trying to record in serato? Or mixemergency?
    Do you have your SL box or Serato mixer connected?
    What version of serato scratch live you using?

Need a little bit more information before helping you out further.
    I'm using SL4 and yes i'm trying to record using serato. There is a video output to my secondary display but the issue is no images come up on the Mixemergency video output.
    Serato version 2.4.1
    Well for a start Mix Emergency doesn't work with SL 2.4.
    It will only work with version 2.3 and below.

If you are trying to record in serato, you can only record the sound only, and no video.

To record from mix emergency, all you got to do it use the record feature within the software, and then you will need a output from your mixer eg (record out or booth output) to an input on your laptop.

I've got the rane MP26 mixer, so i can use the soundcard build into the mixer to enable the sound to be recorded in Mix Emergency.

No doubt other people and Nick would confirm this, but i'd try serato 2.3.3.

If you click on the original page on inklens site right at the top it states that ME is not currently supported. http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/
    Thx a lot DJ_DeanoC, was already thinking that i might be running a version not compatible with ME. I'll downgrade and give it a try. Thx for the quick response.
    You don't need to downgrade SSL, you can install another version side by side.

I've got 2.4 installed so i can Analyse files before hand etc, or even if im playing an 'audio only' (PS SSL will also play MP4 files as normal files)

I've also got 2.3.3 installed on desktop, i just rename so i know which version is which.