Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MixEmergency Plug-Ins

2»

Comments

• edited 8:30PM
    Thanks for the Plug Ins!
  • edited April 2011
    Plug-in #59: Shake

Shake is a channel effect that shakes (by randomly moving and rotating every frame) the channel image.

Parameter 1: Controls the intensity of the shake effect.
    Plug-in #60: Crop Random Mix

Crop Random Mix is a transition effect that dissolves and randomly crops the output image.

Parameter 1: Controls the length of time each crop is shown.
    Hey where is the new transition/efx
    It's just late this week. There may also not be one next week due to public holidays here in New Zealand.
    No problem. I can wait. I have a lot of them to play wit already
    Plug-in #61: Wipe Out HV

Wipe Out HV is a transition effect is a combination of the horizontal and vertical Wipe Out transitions.

Parameter 1: Adjusts the edges of the Wipe effect between sharp and smooth.
    awesome!! thanks!!
    just downloaded all of them and set to random!! professional stuff!! lovin it!!!
    Plug-in #62: Crop Random

Crop Random is a channel effect that randomly crops the channel's image.

Parameter 1: Controls the length of time each random crop is displayed.
    Plug-in #63: Inset

Inset is a channel effect that scales and insets the channel's image a number of times.

Parameter 1: Controls the distance between each inset image.
    Parameter 2: Controls the number of inset images.
    Hey Nick, really digging ME. A couple of plug-in suggestions.

1. On VSL, it was called "Record Fade", where the video brightness coincided with the speed of the audio. So if pushed stop, the video would fade to black, or slow wind it down. This helps out a lot with some trick mixing.

2. I liked the random crop, but it would be nice to have one where the cropped area wasn't mixed and cropped area would strobe between videos. It would be a cleaner look.

Thanks
    You can map an effect in MixEmergency to emulate that "Record Fade" effect.

Set the effect to something such as Brightness, or Gamma, and then for the effect parameter, select the "Velocity" option. You can also play around with the velocity mapping graph to tweak the effect. You can do this with any of MixEmergency's effects, so, for example, you could map the Bad TV effect so that it only engages when you are pulling the record backwards (i.e. negative velocity).
    Plug-in #64: Diagonal Split SE

Diagonal Split SE is a transition that splits and rotates the outgoing channel. As this is a Scratch Edition (SE) plug-in, multiple cuts can be layered.

Parameter 1: Controls the duration of the outgoing split animation.
    Plug-in #65: Star.

Star is a transition that uses a star shaped mask to transition between the two channels.
    Can we get a Cut-fade transition?

Thanks
    Can you please be a little more descriptive of what you expect the transition to be? I'm a little lost as to what you want here.
    Sorry, a transition like the "Cut" transition, but when you fade down with the volume faders, the image also fades out into the other image. As it is right now it just fades into blackness.

Thanks
    Ah, I think I understand. I'm not sure that the internal plug-in system can handle both cross and upfaders right now. You could achieve what you're after by using the Cut fader when you need that, and then switching to the Dissolve transition with the transition control set to the Upfader mode when you wanted to use the upfaders.
    When Did the drain transition come out?
    A few days ago. Looks like I forgot to post it in here.
    Plug-in #66: Drain

Drain is a transition that pulls outgoing channel through the center point of the channel to reveal the incoming channel.
    oh ok.. i was looking to see when a new one was coming out
    Plug-in #67: Flash

Flash is a transition that adds a white layer over the incoming channel to simulate a flash of light.

Parameter 1: Controls the duration of the flash.
    i like this one :)
    Plug-in #68: Border Fill Letterbox

Border Fill Letterbox is an effect that adds a blurred border, using a portion of the image, to the top and bottom of the channel.

Parameter 1: Controls size of the border.
    Parameter 2: Controls the amount of blur applied to the border.
    awesome Nick! Merci
    Plug-in #69: Border Fill Pillarbox

Border Fill Pillarbox is an effect that adds a blurred border, using a portion of the image, to the left and right sides of the channel.

Parameter 1: Controls size of the border.
    Parameter 2: Controls the amount of blur applied to the border.
    Plug-in #70: Shine

Shine is a channel effect that adds the brightest colours from the image blurred around a point. The result is an effect that looks as though rays of light are shining through the image.

Parameter 1: Controls the blur distance.
    Parameter 2: Controls the position of the point on the y-axis.
    Plug-in #71: Split Cube V

Split Cube V is a transition effect that splits the output into multiple cubes and rotates them to reveal the incoming channel.

Parameter 1: Controls the number of splits.
    Plug-in #72: Split Cube H

Split Cube H is a transition effect that splits the output into multiple sections and rotates them to reveal the incoming channel.

Parameter 1: Controls the number of sections.
    Awesome New Plugins Thank Nick!!!!!
    Is there a way for a video line say from a camera in with ME?
    Needed for crowd dance floor shots.
    There is currently a hidden feature that will allow this - but I would just wait until MixEmergency 2.0 comes out (which has this built-in).
    Hi, please contact me on this, I am trying to make a switch before prom season and this is a big feature with video proms that require a video mixer normally.

tx
    You can use the current hidden feature if you would like (though this will get much easier when 2.0 is out - which will be very soon). Details are here: http://www.inklen.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=25
    hurry up! i got a new webcam just for this!
    works perfectly
    thanks
    Plug-in #73: Grid 3 BE

Grid 3 BE is a transition effect that cuts between the two channels in segments of a grid. The grid pattern is random, and a new random pattern is created on each beat. This is the first "BE" (Beat Edition) plug-in to be released, and requires MixEmergency 2.0.0 or greater.

Parameter 1: Controls the number of divisions in the grid.
    Love the new plug-in can't wait for more to come out...

would love to have Gradient Wipe-Nebulous like in Vegas Pro
    ready for some more new transitions......
    Plug-in #74: Strobe Invert BE

Strobe Invert BE is a channel effect switches between the channel's image and the inverted colours of that image. The rate at which this switch occurs is determined by the current beat of the media, combined with the rate per beat at which it is set to switch (e.g. every 1/2 beat).

Parameter 1: Controls the rate of the effect (the rates are at 100%: the strobe is off, 75%-100%: every beat, 50%-75%: twice per beat, 25%-50%: four times per beat, 0%-25%: eight times per beat).
    just downloaded smashvisions custom transition which is a masked logo transition, i know i mentioned this in an earlier discussion and mentioned quartz transitions too, is there anyway users could get info. on to how make our own?

i don't mind having to do a bit of work to get it to happen, just a little guide on this new "hidden feature" would be great!!

thanks owen
    @owenbizzle

+1

would love to know how to make own trans also
    I've started a discussion about this here: http://www.inklen.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=924
    thanks Nick
    thanks nick
    Plug-in #75: Spinning Cube 2 BE

Spinning Cube 2 BE is a transition effect similar to the Spinning Cube 2 transition. The rate at which the cube spins is determined by the current beat of the media and the rate per beat at which it is set to spin.

Parameter 1: Controls the spin rate (once every beat, or once every 2 beats).
  • Hi Nick where can I download the plug ins?
    Can you send me the link please
  • are we gonna get some new plug ins anytime soon?

it has been a long time since we had a new one?
  • Yeah, it has been quite a while. There are a few in the pipeline - and some newer ones that'll require MixEmergency 2.3.
  • will ME 2.3 be a free upgrade for those who bought 2.2 or will will come @ a fee the same price as 2.2 or subsidized?
  • It'll be free for everyone with a MixEmergency 2 license - all the way up until 3.0.
  • ooh! when is 3.0 coming out? is it soon?
    =P
  • Is there anyway one could develop their own plugins for ME? As opposed to the custom qc effects and transitions.
  • No, not right now.
  • What ever happen to any new effect and transitions? been a long time since we seen some new ones
  • Yep, it has been too long. There are a few I have here, but they will require MixEmergency 2.3.

Do you have any specific ideas for effects or transitions you would like to see?
  • Not really all the ones you made was alright to me.. I would change nothing you've done up to this point... I let the master do his work
  • if he said the new transitions need 2.3 to work properly, that means 2.3 is once again taking things to another level =)
  • Hi guys, Nick,

I'm not new to VJing but new to M.E. I didn't started a new thread because my first question as already been asked on this forum (but not really answered). My second question is linked to the first one.
    First question: What's the application or programmation language is used to create .plugin ?
    Second question: It looks like people are trying to create their own transition (logo transition is the most requested) . I found some QC transition to download but don't know how to use them in M.E ?

Like everyone else I'm interrested into a logo transition (exactly the same than "star" or "hallowen" plugin) but the top noch would be to be abble to change the pics/shape on demand for each venue (with an external .png file for example)

peace
  • The .plugin files can only be created by me.

There are instructions regarding QC fx/transitions here: http://www.inklen.com/forum/discussion/924/make-your-own-effects-and-transitions
  • Hi Nick,

I already read this thread and that's the way I'm gonna dig to create my own transition. But How do I use my QC file as an overlay ? or is there a wy to make it appear in the transitions listing ?
  • To overlay it, you'll need to drag and drop it into the QC section of the overlays window. To have a transition show up in the transitions list you need to put the qtz file in the qctransitions folder that is mentioned in that discussion.
  • that's crystal clear now. Thx a lot Nick.
  • Plug-in #73: Fold and Slide

Fold and Slide is a transition effect that slides in the incoming channel while folding the outgoing channel.
  • Plug-in #74: Luma Key Dark

Luma Key Dark is an effect that allows the opposite channel to show through darker regions of the current channel.

Parameter 1: Controls the luminance level.
    Parameter 2: Controls how sharp the feathering is.
  • Plug-in #75: Luma Key Light

Luma Key Light is an effect that allows the opposite channel to show through lighter regions of the current channel.

Parameter 1: Controls the luminance level.
    Parameter 2: Controls how sharp the feathering is.
  • Plug-in #76: Chroma Key

Chroma Key is an effect that allows the opposite channel to show through coloured regions of the current channel.

Parameter 1: Controls the center hue.
    Parameter 2: Controls how wide a range of hues are included.
  • Plug-in #77: Cut Strips H In

Cut Strips H In is a transition effect that segments both channels into vertical strips. Each strip performs a cut from the outgoing channel to the incoming channel as the transition progresses.

Parameter 1: Controls the number of vertical strips used for the transition.
  • Plug-in #78: RGB Level

RGB Level is an effect that allows you to cut or boost the levels of the red, green, and blue channels.

Parameter 1: Controls level, from zero to double the level.

Parameter 2: Selects which of the red, green, or blue channels will be affected.
  • Plug-in #79: Blur Outer

Blur Outer is an effect that blurs the outer sections of the channel.

Parameter 1: Controls diameter at which the blur is applied.

Parameter 2: Controls the fade distance.
  • Plug-in #80: Circular Mask

Circular Mask is an effect that masks the outer edges of the channel. It's a great effect for using in MixEmergency's Mixer FX section, and goes well with the Filter.

Parameter 1: Controls diameter at which the mask is applied.

Parameter 2: Controls the fade distance of the edge of the mask.
  • Plug-in #81: Twirl

Twirl is an effect that applies a twirl distortion to the image of the channel.

Parameter 1: Controls diameter at which the twirl distortion is applied.

Parameter 2: Controls the rotation amount of the twirl distortion.
  • Plug-in #82: Zoom BE

Zoom BE is a transition effect that zooms and dissolves between the left and right images in time with the beat.

Parameter 1: Controls the rate of the zoom effect.
  • Plug-in #83: Scroll BE

Scroll BE is a transition effect that scrolls the left and right vertically in time with the beat.

Parameter 1: Controls the rate and direction of the scroll effect.
  • Plug-in #84: Streak

Streak is a channel effect that clamps the edges of the image to a reduced range and colours pixels outside the bounds of that range with those at the edge.

Parameter 1: Controls the X-axis inset.

Parameter 2: Controls the Y-axis inset.
  • Not sure what I've missed, but just realised that there are actually 88 plug-ins... so 4 haven't been included in this list for some reason.
  • Plug-in #85: Alpha Overlay

Alpha Overlay is a channel effect that uses the Alpha channel of the currently playing video to composite itself over the image of the opposite channel.
  • This is PURE sweetness thanks Nick!!!
  • Hi Nick, any new transitions?
    I have the 'choose random transition' button MIDI mapped, so I get through the 30 I like pretty quickly.
    thanks, I know you're probably busy....
  • Nothing new in the near future, but it's an area I'm hoping to focus on again soon. Do you have any ideas for new ones that you specifically would like to see?
  • A preset or theme bank will be nice where we can download PACKS of Ready Made sequences/FX banks that will compliment different playing scenarios

Eg

EDM/Big Room style
    Hip Hop
    Booming Bass
    Energy/Peak
    Trippy/Lounge
  • not exactly a transition, but an effect.

how beat grid can cycle thru fx on beat, how about cycling thru transitions on beat? could be certain random ones....or select few.
  • Hi Nick, Which transition effect scrolls horizontally rather than vertically?
  • @Kenneth_M i think it's slide BE.
  • @Nick Any chance we can get a Border Fill Letterbox, but invert border fill? (like the Overlay for Invert Border Fill). I like this effect since it's a cool and simple way to get rid of the black lines above and below on certain widescreen videos :smiley:

• Is this because the black bars are encoded in the video? (Which might stop the overlay from working)

• Yeah, it's in the video. A workaround is using handbrake or other tool to get rid of them, but sometimes as a quick fix, I use the border fill letterbox effect which takes care of it. But i like the inverse better :) Thought it would be a cool effect update!!!