Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird performance behaviour - v3

edited April 2015 in MixEmergency
Got a 2014 MBP and having some performance with the latest version. With QTZ files, Serato DJ is really juddering. When I unload the file, it settles back down. Also, when looping a video, the playback (video) is stuttering but the audio is OK.

Any suggestions welcome

G

Comments

• Check out the MixEmergency 3 optimisation tips: http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/tips/mixemergency-3-optimisation

Because of the new GPU-accelerated video decoding, MixEmergency 3 can be a little more sensitive to your settings.

As for the QTZ files, this really depends on the file. Does it play smoothly in 2.7.1?
  • Hi Nick. Yes they did. Im also seeing some jerky video when loading a second video. Haven't seen this before in the last version. Tried the tips. Will give it another go in a live environment tonight.
  • The biggest thing to change is the sensitivity to the Cache Size. Generally you want this as low as you can get away with.
  • Hey Nick, I have my cache set to 500MB. My GPU specs are:

Graphics and Video support:
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
    Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on up to two external displays, both at millions of colors
  • Can you try reducing the cache size to the minimum and see if this has any effect?
  • edited April 2015
    Still getting serious graphical glitching of the serato screen when dragging and playing the ME sample quartz files into the ME mini screens. As soon as I eject the quartz file, the serato screen returns to normal. i'm using 2.7.1 for live performance until i can get to the bottom of the issue on 3.0 as this issue isn't happening on that version.
  • Do you get poor performance when you do this with only MixEmergency open and no other videos loaded?
  • @geeebeee

Can you try to download this : https://gfx.io/ ?
    It will permit you to force one GPU or the other one.

Then try ME3 when the system is only using the intel GPU then make another try when the system is using only the nvidia GPU. Then use the one that works best for you
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). It has the intel iris pro graphics card so i can't switch with that software - thanks anyway
  • I don't understand your answer :p

You 15 inches Retina is supposed to have 2 Gpus : Intel iris (intel hd 5000) + Geforce GT750m..........so you should be able to select the GPU you want to use.........can you give me more details please ?
  • Not all the 15" Retina's have the dedicated 2gb graphics card