Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

optical bay and video freeze

edited July 2015 in MixEmergency
who's having the same problem..since i installed a 2tb secondary hdd via optical bay i've been experiencing video freezes..what might be the problem...
i've got 1tb as my start up disk..

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Comments

• Known issue with the 2011 models. You're going to have a problem with any disk that is rated SATA3 which the Samsung 2TB drives are. You'll need the 2012 body style to pull off an internal drive that big.
  • The problem could also be the fact you have no dedicated video card ... For SD videos you should be just fine but with HD (720 and especially 1080) I can see you having issues even when running from an SSD
  • As an added note the reason I say this is because I've experienced this with my 13" MBP with the same set up but on my 15" with a dedicated card I don't have any issues
  • @popnwave i noticed i'm mostly having this problem when i'm on serato dj and rane 62.rarely does that when i'm on scratch live and the rane 57..
    @DJBabyBoy303 most of my videos are 720p even SD used to freeze up from time to time..