Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TTM 57 MK2 record out from ME issues

edited September 2015 in MixEmergency
Hi,

Video mix comes out but tone sound only. The sound i hear is the serato signal tone. Ive tried everything that i can think of. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? the setting shows rane 57 mk2 but cant control the volume bar. Havent tried the rca to phono jack thinking i wouldnt need to do this for this mixer....Please help.

thanks
Don

Comments

• Hey, I could be wrong here but with at least some, if not all of the Rane mixers, you have to select channels 11 and 12 for the left and right channels respectively. So select the 57 as your record device, select the format to Apple Lossless (there are sometimes problems recording to Wave) and then select the last two audio channels in the list (mine are 11 and 12 on my 68).

It can't hurt to give that a try anyway cos I doubt Nick will be back here before morning. Good luck.
  • Yep - that's right, you need to select the last 2 channels of the mixer when you set up the recording.
  • Thanks guys, got it to work on channels 8 and 6
  • ok since i got this to work thanks to you guys, now i may have another issue. After recording, sound and video mix came out correctly but in the mix i noticed when i switch to the right deck (left sounds balanced)the sound was noticeably lower than the left. After listening it on my headphones i notice i got no sound on my left side only my right.... I looked on the mixer there no pan or nothing showing its on the right side only. When mixing my speakers sound balanced. Can this be happening during the exporting of the recording?
  • 8 and 6 doesn't sound right at all - it should be the last 2 channels.
  • Hey Nick, suddenly I'm having problems recording audio from my 68 into ME.

I normally have my primary decks in SDJ set to 2+3. With this set up, it used to be that I would have to set my chs in ME to 11 and 12 (the last two), but they no longer work. I've since found that the only channels that get any kind of signal are 5 and 6 (3 and 4 if I set my primary decks to 1+2), but all I'm getting is control tone from my vinyl, even though I'm hearing audio through the mixer.

The only thing that's changed that I can think of is that when it was last working, I was using Mavericks. I've since downgraded to Mountain Lion, so I don't know if that would have any impact. Any ideas?
  • The only thing that I can think of is to check the Preference panel (in the Mac OS X Preferences) for your Rane mixer, and make sure that the "USB-6 Record" channel is set to "Main Mix".
  • AAAAARRRGGGHHH, you beauty! Yep! It was set to Mic. Heck knows why, as I hadn't changed it myself. And yeah, it's gone back to being channels 11 and 12 in ME now.

Phew! Thanks Nick.
  • Btw, just a heads up. Was talking to Karl about this earlier and when I mentioned what you'd said about how it should be the last two channels, he said that it's definitely not the last two on the sixty two and on the s9. Thought you might like to know (or check with him) for future reference. Thanks again.
  • I'm not surprised for the S9, but I thought it was the case for the 62 as well - I will have to check that once I'm back in front of it.