Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some videos not showing up w ME 3.0 - Audio plays thru Serato

edited April 2015 in MixEmergency
Hi Nick,
I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5

While testing early in the night, I noticed that some (and only some) videos would not show a picture at all - just blacked out.
These vids have been fine w the last ME version.

They show up on my 2009 iMac perfectly.

I can set up a dropbox so you can test them & let me know if it's something w my graphics card & changes I may need to make.

Thanks!

Comments

• Can you send me one? I have found one issue already, regarding a specific type of encoding (which I've managed to fix, and will have in a release shortly), but it would be good to make sure that this is the same thing.
  • What email should I send a link to?
  • You can send it to: support@inklen.com (though, please just send me a link to a dropbox/sendspace/etc file - my inbox will reject very large files)
  • Hello there I am having the same problem - old version of ME worked flawlessly - when I upgraded to ME 3.0 some videos won't load - the audio will play fine but the screen will be black - thankfully I use a FlyBoost Instagram feed overlay so it kinda saves the day there but I VJ Thurs, Fri, Sat to room full of 2000 people - Please send me a fix I can't afford this to go down this week!

MacBook Pro 10.9.6 (2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 13-inch, Mid-2010)
    Serato DJ v.1.7.3
    2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    16GB of 1067 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M with 256MB
  • The fix will be released once it has had sufficient testing.
  • I was just talking to Callen last night about how much smoother everything runs w this version. Can't wait for the fix to come out. Thanks for the hard work Nick!
  • Thanks
  • Muy vídeos are taking like 4 seconds to show up, theres no problem with the audio.
    I have a late 2013 15 retina mbp and I am using Mavericks, TTM57SL/2 Technics1210.
  • Is this only if you play from the start? If you cue to the middle after loading, does it load quickly?
  • Yes only if I played them from the start. Can I keep Mavericks? I upgraded to Yosemite but I had a problem with de Serato SL waveforms, so I downgrade to Mavericks and everything works fine.
  • Yes only if I played them from the start. Can I keep Mavericks? I upgraded to Yosemite but I had a problem with de Serato SL waveforms, so I downgrade to Mavericks and everything works fine.
  • Yeah, Mavericks should be working well with MixEmergency.

It sounds as though you might be experiencing the same bug - the first frames aren't registered as decoding correctly. A fix will be out once it's tested.
  • Nick,
    I downloaded & installed the latest version.
    I will test at my residency tonight as well as all the other issues that shave been listed in the forum. (I have plenty of video services to put to the test: Smash Vidz, DTV, AV District, Mixshow Tools, Pro Video DJs, Club Killers & my own edits)
  • I don't know if this feed is still open,but I figure I am having a similar problem.Since upgrading to the latest mix emergency upgrade,My videos aren't loading,but my media bank is loading a visual instead of the actual video.So I have to reload my videos into serato twice throughout the night to get my videos playing.I have the most recent Serato Dj and Mix Emergency.This throws off my mixing flow and I never had this happen on prior versions before the paid upgrade.Thanks for any insight or suggestions.
  • What version of Serato DJ and MixEmergency are you using?

Is it something that you can reproduce with a particular video?
  • I have 3.1.1 (3.1.1.04) for Mix Emergency and was using Serato DJ 1.9.5.
    I just updated my Serato DJ to 1.9.6. and I'm going to see if I get the same problem?
    One theory that I thought of today is when using smart crates on Serato it consistently updates the tags and as it is doing that,it might be tying up the file for just enough time for Mix Emergency to miss the video code?I just started messing with using smart crates not too long ago and it is always writing tags or something on every track load.
    I am going to try the new Serato DJ 1.9.6. and see if there is any change.
    If I can get video footage of it happening I will.
    Thanks for responding Have a good one!

• Tag writing could possibly be causing issues. I'm not sure.