Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serato DJ 1.9.1 & Mix Emergency [Video Glows & gets stuck / Audio Ok]

edited March 2017 in MixEmergency
I'm still relatively new to Mix Emergency, but am hoping that someone will be able to help.

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2011)
2.3GHz Intel Core i5 processor
16GB of 1333MHz DDR3 onboard memory - (UPGRADED from 4GB)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Samsung 850 Pro Series 1 TB SATA III Solid State Drive - (UPGRADED from 300 GB Disk)
Operating System: OS X 10.8.5

I began using Mix Emergency with Serato Scratch Live 2.5.0 and have both of these programs working perfectly. For Scratch LIVE, I'm using a Denon X500 Mixer and the Denon HDHC4500 midi controller. For my settings, in Serato Scratch LIVE, I have the USB Buffer Size Latency set at 5 out of 20; Maximum screen updates per second at 60; and the audio cache (seconds) set to 45 out of 60. With these settings, I haven't had any issues with Mix Emergency and Serato Scratch Live. I'm wondering, are these the correct settings for SSL when using Mix Emergency for my computer? If not, what should they be? What should the settings be on Mix Emergency in the 'Preference Tab'. When I do video, I switch back and forth using 'Command W' after completing the audio mix. No issues with this set-up so far… but am just looking to update with the correct settings for efficiency.

Last Friday night, instead of using my mixer and midi-controller set-up, I used the Pioneer DDJ-SZ. I had Serato DJ 1.9.1 previously installed on my computer along with the required drivers for the DDJ-SZ. Throughout the night, the videos would freeze and / or 'glow' during playback. There were no issues with the audio, audio was okay. The issue was that the videos would stall or get stuck and then after being stuck for a few seconds would play slowly / jittery, and then would glow and get stuck on an image again and repeat. This happened again yesterday when I went to a friend's place. The audio would play, but the video would get stuck and glow. What should the settings be in Serato DJ for Mix Emergency to work correctly? I see that my computer exceeds the requirements, so am not sure exactly what is going on or how to fix …

Mix Emergency and Serato Scratch LIVE 2.5.0 are both working properly for me with my set-up, however when I do tag team sets or when I play the room that already has a Pioneer DDJ-SZ, I have issues with Mix Emergency.

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated!!

Comments

• It's possible that it's the Mixer FX feature causing this "glow".

You could try disabling them by:

1) Opening the Mixer FX window (in the menubar, select "Window", then "Mixer FX")
    2) Disable all of the pink/yellow buttons on the Mixer FX window
  • edited March 2017
    You may want to adjust your USB latency in Serato DJ to 10. I was having the same issue with the videos and once I did this there was no issues.
  • I'm having the same issue.i just bought ME Sunday and my videos freeze for like a couple seconds and plays but freeze again..but my audio is great..how can fix the problem #NewAtMixEmergency
  • With serato Dj
  • Did you also e-mail me about this? (I'm just replying to an e-mail now)