Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freezing during playback macbook pro 2011

edited October 2017 in MixEmergency
Currently I've been experiencing a lot of glitch & videos freezing and even my serato dj waveforms stuttering. I lowered my screen updates per sec. I shut off my wifi & all other programs from running during mixing in clubs trying figure out what is the issue.

I'm using videos from 3 video pools and videos I edited myself on FCPX. The problem persist no matter what videos are loaded on the screen. I used this exact set up and library with serato Video with no problems.

I'm using a lacie firewire 800 external HD
My current specs are.
Late 2011 mackbook pro 2.8 i7 16gb
Please help

Comments

• Hi - I've replied to your e-mail.
  • Nick, could you help me out with this too? I also have a 2011 MacBook Pro with the same specs and I sometimes experience videos freezing as well. Also when I record using this program I do experience a short dropout but it hasn't ever crashed on me or anything. Thanks for your time!
  • Can you please e-mail your MixEmergency log file to: support@inklen.com

You can find the file at:

~/Movies/MixEmergency/MixEmergency.log
  • Hey Nick, I seem to be having the same problem when an audio file and the automatic visual file loads but only then. If I have two video files loaded, everything runs smoothly. But as soon as an audio file and visual get loaded, it makes the display screen, my monitor, and serato waveforms stutter/glitch. Please help?!?!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    osx: 10.13.1 (17B48)
    Serato DJ version 1.9.10
    MixEmergency Version 3.1.1 (3.1.1.04)
  • My first guess would be that your visual files are encoded in a different manner. Are they using a different codec?
  • my videos are starting to freeze...why is that

• It could be any number of reasons. Check your MixEmergency log file (go to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries) for any keyframe warnings. You can find the file at: ~/Movies/MixEmergency/MixEmergency.log