Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SERATO PRO + ME2 OR ME3 + MOJAVE --- FREEZING, STUTTERING

Hey so I had to upgrade to MOJAVE for other reasons and noticed last night that ME (ver 2 or 3) would cause Serato Pro to come to a slow halt and sometimes freeze altogether.

I ended up doing a clean install of Mojave and the same was happening. What i noticed is I do not have this issue when ME isn't running. When ME is connected I start to get some stuttering. When connected via HDMI that's when things get worst.

At the moment it seems that if ME is on the same screen as Serato Pro the issues happen. I did some test for about 2 hours with ME on it own desktop and Serato on its own desktop and all my playback and samples seem to be stable. This was never an issue when I was on Yosemite. Any thoughts on what could be the culprit now with Mojave?

Comments

• also to put this out there I tried 2 different fan control app because I noticed the fans kick on much faster now than before. also my MBP specs are:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: 149.0.0.0.0
    SMC Version (system): 2.19f12

• I would suggest that you first try disabling the high definition display support in Serato DJ and see if this has any impact on the issue: https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/215956697-Using-Serato-DJ-Pro-with-high-definition-displays

• Yes I saw that post also. High definition resolution is currently disabled in serato pro.

• Have you tried the optimisation tips listed here (specifically the Bonus Optimisation): http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/tips/mixemergency-3-optimisation

• so didn't get to do the only thing I haven't tried (If using Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), it is recommended that you enable the Reduce Transparency preference in the Display section of the Accessibility panel in Mac OS X's System Preferences)

but this saturday the app kept crashing, I was thinking about bringing my OS back to something older. I was running smooth on Yosemite but I need to have something more current for Adobe CC reasons. What OS would you recommend?

• Can you please e-mail me the crash logs (to: support@inklen.com)?

To find these:

1) Go to the Mac OS X Finder.
    2) Hold down the "option" key then in the menu bar select "Go" > Library.
    3) In the window that opens, navigate to the folder named "Logs", and within this "DiagnosticReports".
    4) Send any files that begin with MixEmergency, or com.inklen.MixEmergency back to me in an e-mail.

• just sent

• It looks as though all of these crashes are related to the Bad TV Switch transition plug-in. I would suggest that you download and install the latest version of this plug-in from our website: http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/plugins

If this doesn't fix the issue, then I would suggest that you remove this plug-in for now.

• ok kewl. I will try that out. Do you think I should downgrade or stay on Mojave? Thanks again Nick.

• Mojave should be fine for MixEmergency.

• thanks Nick, I can tell you now that the BAD TV plug made a difference with the feed locally on my MBP. I will not be back on site until Friday so I cannot speak for that yet.

• Cool - let me know how you get on.

• so removing the BAD TV plug fixed the crashing. I did not get a single crash this weekend. Also note I am still running ME on a different desktop than serato. this fixes any stuttering but of course I would like to get back to seeing everything on one screen.

I think there is a driver issue going on with the NVidia 750 GPU and Mojave that hasnt been resolved btwn apple and nvidia. This may be why thing get crazy when I plug in the HDMI cable. Again things have gotten better but the softwares need to be separated.

I think next week I will try merging the screens again. Apple had a software update recently....not sure what it consisted of.

thanks again Nick.

• Great to hear that fixed the crashing issues.