Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mix Emergency`s Heavy Profile

Ive Been A Video Dj For The past 5 years Using Virtual Dj And Ive recently Gained Interest In Mixemergency.So Ive Tried Out Several Versions of The software From version 2.1 to the latest 3.2 before i make a Purchase but i Cant help But Wonder Why Is mix emergency so Taxing On My System ,in comparison to virtual dj ? Also Why Is Version 2.1 Significantly Lighter Than the rest?

Comments

• I can't say for sure. It shouldn't be "heavy" on your system, but this will also depend on a number of factors such as your computer, the codec that you're using for your videos, video/output dimensions, etc.

What are the specs of the computer that you're using? And are the videos that you're playing encoded using the H.264 codec?

I honestly can't imagine why 2.1 would be "lighter" (assuming that you mean with regards to CPU usage) as GPU-accelerated video decoding wasn't yet introduced back then. If your computer is capable of GPU-accelerated video decoding then there should be minimal strain on your CPU. For example, on a 2015 MacBook Air, MixEmergency only uses around 20-30% of the CPU (of a potential "200%") when playing back 2 Full HD videos from any of the leading Video DJing pools.

• My Laptop Is A Late 2011 MacBook Pro with Radeon 6750M graphics 1GB VRAM , Intel Core i7 2.3GHz ,8 GB RAM 1333 MHZ DDR3 , Main Screen Resolution 1680 X 1050.

CPU Usage Is At About 30% But It seams to be on Turbo Boost As its Frequency Is Almost At 3GHZ Way Above My Base Clock Of 2.3 GHZ

My Problem Is with Frame Rates ,For Example On VDJ i usually Restrict The maximum Frame Rate To 30FPS and Things Look smooth Enough ,But for some reason ON The Demo Versions Of MIxemergency That ive Tried Im getting Perfect Frame Rates No Problem even when i put mix emergency i full screen mode ,Until I plug In My external display Dongle and move the main display window to may external screen and set tit to full screen Then Frame rates tank from Maintaining A steady 50FPS-59FPS depending on the video im playing to getting About 15fps At A resolution Of 1366 X 768 ,Funnily This Doesnt Happen On Version 2.1,Only Problem Is 2.1 only works with Scratch live. So to get The videos playing smoothly i Have to Reduce My External display Resolution To About 800 X 600 to get frame rates above 30 FPS and even then things Dont Look As smooth as they should At above 30 FPS OR Minimize from full screen to window Mode Then I Get Above 50fps. Ive Tried 1080p i Get 1.5 FPS ,720p I get About 21Fps which looks choppy ,And Things Improve As i Lower The resolution

• My Laptop Is A Late 2011 MacBook Pro with Radeon 6750M graphics 1GB VRAM , Intel Core i7 2.3GHz ,8 GB RAM 1333 MHZ DDR3 , Main Screen Resolution 1680 X 1050.

CPU Usage Is At About 30% But It seams to be on Turbo Boost As its Frequency Is Almost At 3GHZ Way Above My Base Clock Of 2.3 GHZ

My Problem Is with Frame Rates ,For Example On VDJ i usually Restrict The maximum Frame Rate To 30FPS and Things Look smooth Enough ,But for some reason ON The Demo Versions Of MIxemergency That ive Tried Im getting Perfect Frame Rates No Problem even when i put mix emergency in full screen mode ,Until I plug In My external display Dongle and move the main display window to my external screen and set it to full screen Then Frame rates tank from Maintaining A steady 50FPS-59FPS depending on the video im playing to getting About 15fps At A resolution of 1366 X 768 ,Funnily This Doesn`t Happen On Version 2.1,Only Problem Is 2.1 only works with Scratch live. So to get The videos playing smoothly i Have to Reduce My External display Resolution To About 800 X 600 to get frame rates above 30 FPS and even then things Dont Look As smooth as they should At above 30 FPS OR Minimize from full screen to window Mode Then I Get Above 50fps. Ive Tried 1080p i Get 1.5 FPS ,720p I get About 21Fps which looks choppy ,And Things Improve As i Lower The resolution.

Yes I Guess Its the dongle But it works fine with mix emergency 2.1 & VDJ but doest with 2.7 or 3.2. Why is that The case?
    It is a Display Link Plugable USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Monitors up to 1920x1080 It can be found on amazon for about $30.
    Also My Laptop Has A bad Thuderbolt port So a Mini display Dongle is Unusable

• That's strange. Generally I wouldn't recommend using a USB display adaptor. Does that computer not have an HDMI output?

You may actually get better performance out of this computer by disabling the GPU-accelerated video decoding option in the Advanced section of MixEmergency's Preferences (and then restarting MixEmergency between toggling this preference).

• it doesnt have a HDMI Out ,hose were introduced 3 months after this Macbook was bought it only has a minidisplay/thunderbolt 2 Port Which died 5 months ago After a lightening strike .i gues ill have to work with 800 X 600 after i make the My purchase .but I request You guys at inklen Try and get This inexpensive dongle and maybe see why it isnt working well with mix emergency wile everything else works including VDJ & rekordbox Dj,Normal video plaback, Video Editing on Final cut pro,prevews on After effects e.t.c. You never know you might just figure out something and save many people in the process
    Thanks for the help

• the late 2011 macbook pro has a mini display port. Are you using that or are you using a usb adapter?