Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kudos and Suggestions - slide show, border fill improvement, video overlay effects, ProjectM visuals

First of all, I want to thank you Nick for making a great piece of software. I've been using it for a month. The features of MixEmergency really help take my video events to the next level. So much better than the neglected Serato Video plugin. The MixEmergency transitions and effects are smooth and I love the border fill feature. I just picked up an Akai LPD8 and have been midi learning it to the the features I use most.

I have some feature suggestions and evolutions:

1. SLIDESHOW IMAGE OVERLAY
  • allow us to select a folder of photos
  • allow them to play in order or random (random is most needed)
  • have screen movement like ken burns effect, origami, matrix, scroll, etc
  • allow stretch to fit feature
  • adjustable screen time 1sec-60mins
  1. Add the feature of a glow and/or outline to the TEXT OVERLAY. This way it can stand out more from the background.
  • Would be great to save some text inputs I use often so i can recall them quickly without needing to retype and adjust all the parameters. Example: "Last Call At The Bar"
  1. Allow video effects on the VIDEO OVERLAY.
    I use a webcam aimed at the dance floor used as an overlay. I'd love to be able to use the video effects on that footage.

2. Can you make the border fill option actually detect black bars that are built into the video and then use border fill on it? Many videos from the video service companies leave the black bars on letter boxed videos. The current border fill will obviously not work on them.

3. Allow live audio reactive visuals by integrating PROJECTM / Milkdrop LINK: https://github.com/projectM-visualizer/projectM

• have the option to auto load when a video is not detected with a song.

Thanks for listening and all your hard work.

Comments

• Hi :) Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to respond to all of them:

1) The slideshow feature has been on my list of things to do for quite some time now, but unfortunately other things have always taken priority. I think that it's something that quite a number of users would use.

2) I would like this too, but it's harder to implement in MixEmergency than it sounds, unfortunately. As for the text recall, that's easy: it's already in MixEmergency (check out the Text Overlay tab on the Presets window).

3) Yeah - this would be cool.

4) This would definitely be useful, but again it's not quite as simple as it sounds, haha.

5) It would be great to integrate more dynamic visuals into MixEmergency. I'm not sure the best way to do this though.

• Hi Nick and sorry to bump on this thread
    If i can make extra suggestions

1 about the text effect : how about being able to write in more than one line? (2-3)

2 - is it possible to highlight the actif preset used on the preset window?
    for example on text overlay tab, if i am using text number 5 it will be higlighted
    if i qm on video overlay tab, etc..
    etc

sometimes it can be useful :-)

thanks for the great work !

• 1) Currently you can copy and paste multiline text into the Text Overlay input box. It's not recommended though, so this would have to be added as a feature.

2) This gets a little difficult, as for most presets there isn't technically an "active" state (i.e. as soon as you change any parameter of the effect, it's not actually the same as the preset). It's a little hard to explain, but I can understand how it can be a little confusing not to have this highlighted.