Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rane 72 recording

what channels do I use to record with Rane 72.
10.14.4 mohave
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) 2.5 GHz Intel Core I 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Comments

• I'm not certain for the Rane 72 - I believe it's usually the last stereo pair of channels. You may need to check this in their setup utility, however.

• I'm experiencing a problem while recording on mixemergency.
    So the sound settings panel does not give options on whether to record mono, mix stereo etc... instead i'm getting the Stereo (L R) only wish records the channels separately...How can i fix this?

• I'm not sure that I understand your message, sorry.

Which version of MixEmergency are you using? You should just be able to set it to the stereo pair of channels which the Rane 72 has assigned as the mix/return channels.

• From the image that you sent me, I can see that you're looking on the wrong window with regards to the recording channels. In fact, I wouldn't suggest changing any of those settings.

The Channels that you want to change are the ones on the window where you select your Rane 72 as the Device in MixEmergency. By default these are set to the stereo pair 1 & 2 - but they will need to be something else for your particular mixer.

• I have both 2.7 and 3.0 versions of MixEmergency and both are behaving in a similar way in that when I play back the recording, the Track played on the left deck while recording is heard only on the left side of my stereo audio system. same case applies for the right deck. i hope this is elaborate.

• https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hTChWh-gwsuYrqbpk6kFnNBajhe0vF2X/view?usp=sharing

This is a link to a short recording I have made... i have converted it to mp3 to make it smaller in size.

• i think i might have figured it out...I have been using channels 8 and 10 that is why I encountered problems but when i use channels 5 and 6 the audio is recorded normally.

• That sounds like the issue. Generally it'll be a stereo pair of channels (e.g. 1 & 2, 3 &4, etc). Channels 8 & 10 will be the right channel of the stereo pair 7 & 8, and the right channel of the stereo pair 9 & 10.