Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audio out of sync when exporting

edited January 2012 in MixEmergency
Ive recorded a 30min mix and I've been trying to export video using Uncompressed 10bit video codec.

I've tried changing the audio codec but no matter what the audio eventually goes out of sync.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited 3:34PM
    Did you notice any USB drop-outs in Scratch Live during your recording? This is the #1 culprit when it comes to audio being out of sync.
    I didnt notice any - but im wondering if its because I wasnt looking for it all (too busy looking at the preview screens etc). If anything I didnt notice any lag during recording.

ill try another mix and keep an eye out for it

Could there be any other reason?
    Most like this is the reason. Sometimes, if there was a long USB drop-out there will be a particular spot in the recording where it will become out of sync all of a sudden. Multiple smaller dropouts might only cause it to drift over time though.
    Something you could try is to increase the USB buffer size in Scratch Live (setting it to 10 is usually a safe bet).
    Hey Nick - i think you're right... i managed to narrow down the spot where something happened (probably as you said a USB drop out) and managed to fix it.

What ive been doing is recording on ME, but also recording a Ableton Live .als mix through SSL - and this actually saved the recording as I was able to use the SSL audio recording to replace the video hiccup!
    That was fortunate. Glad to hear that you were able to recover it.