Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teaser

edited January 2012 in MixEmergency
WTF... thats not even fair.... its so cryptic, we dont even get a hint at whats coming :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQxSgG0s0V8

Comments

• edited 8:58AM
    Haha - that's why it's called a "teaser", and not an "informer". And there is a hint at what's coming.... which will be a little more obvious once you see what new feature it is.
    really..... blue square flashing on beat? maybe quantized efx? I dont really get it. But since you put out a teaser video the new update cant be far off.

Question though. Is this a major release update, eg V2.0 or just 1.8? and will there be any cost to the update?
    its 4 deck support isn't it.
    All good guesses and questions - none of which I am going to add any further comment on ;) (until it is released).
    you cant comment on the cost thing... :(
    All will be revealed in good time....
    any more info to tease us with yet?
    Not yet.
    Square Square Square Square
    Haha
    I'll try to make the next one equally uninformative and confusing ;)
    I hope we are not going to have to deal with another equally cryptic video before we see an update :)
    I guess you'll find out tomorrow....
    oh snap!
    i was just gonna say it's gonna be linked to 4square, in regards to phenominal's comment....until i saw nick's comment!
    oh wait...it's gonna be another teaser.....awww..
    Teaser #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIo2FNux_B4
    LMFAO - That clearly says it all. NOT!
    Well, at least we know it's going to be 2.0 and not 1.8
    lol
    I assume that, this new teaser is suggesting sidechain video efx's. But i still dont really know how to use sidechain audio efx well yet. So not really sure how we are gonna use this.

And like djphenominal said. About the only thing we know for sure now is that there is gonna be a ME v2.0 and not 1.8

Nick you wanna give us a hint yet if this is gonna be a free update or paid update?
    More hints will come soon.
    Tracking Daily...
    I just bought ME! Is it a free upgrade?
    video fx linked to audio fx
    ^^^^ what he said, also, if that's it, please make it so we can see the audio effects controls in QC!
    Regarding upgrading: There will be new license codes for MixEmergency 2.0. In saying that, as a 'thank you' to our customers, the first (2.0) update will stilll work with MixEmergency 1.0 codes (though there is likely to be an upgrade fee for 1.0 licenses when we get to 2.1).
  • edited January 2012
    :(
    Less than a year of ownership and no upgrade credit?
    You don't have the full picture yet. I probably shouldn't let slip any other details until it's released.
    Wow ! Itch bitches ! That's my prediction.
    at least offer a tentative release date?!?!
    Hmmm, a release date.... How about: 2012?

To be honest - there is no firm date, so I can't give you one. In cases like this it isn't always good to work to specific dates, as often last-minute bugs get put to the side which shouldn't (I'm sure some of you have seen this yourselves). Right now there are still a few things to sort out and test before it is released.

(also, I'm not sure if you mis-understood, or I wasn't clear - but when/if ME 1.0 license holders do want to upgrade their licenses, it will not be for the full amount of an ME 2.0 license)
    Itch? Hmm...interesting...but ScratchLive is better =P

As long as it works with ScratchLive, I'm ready.

My theory(ies) on why he's doing this is because:
    1 - he can (and hey, he gotta make a living too, ya know? can't help it if his product is great...and besides, other companies do this too).
    2 - might get rid of a lot of "shared" licenses. might.

i'll def support this guy and his product. hope there's some useful stuff in the upgrade...

oh, and if there's some bugs in 2.0, will we have to pay if you make some patches, like for a 2.0.1? or do we only have to pay when it reaches 2.1?
    the weird part is, we didn't even get a 1.8 or 1.9....we're just jumping straight to 2.0.

oh well...
    Whats with the big demand on people wanting products supporting itch these days?

Thought Serato Scratch Live, was supposed to be 'The Best' and nothing else mattered?
    You will be wanting Serato's intro to be supported by video next.
    @skinnyguy - yeah, we could have done a 1.8 and 1.9 release, but they would have been much weaker releases than the 2.0 that is about to come out. A lot of work has gone into 2.0, and so this way, you're kinda getting what would have been in 1.8/1.9 plus you're getting the new features I had planned for 2.0 (and still all for free!). Believe me, I have spent a lot of time thinking about this - and this seemed to be the best option for everybody (it also allows people the time to transition their licenses seamlessly to avoid any problems).
    sweet. can't wait to see these major upgrades/improvements.

at this point, it's like ME upgrades are as stable as SSL upgrades used to be. just upgrade with little to no worry.
    @skinny guy
    why is that odd. companies don't put out useless update just to fill numbers up. That makes no sense.
    @Nick - ive been so thoroughly impressed with ME that you had me at 'the first teaser'.

LOL
    haha :)
    okay nick, i'm ready for 2.0 now =)

pretty please.
    Take your time Nick, do what you gotta do boss
    I'm gonna' throw a guess out there that ME might no longer need Scratchlive to work?

I understand through people who know people... yada yada...Who've heard hinting that ME may be blocked. I hope it's just rumor mill fodder, as I just bought this app. It would suck to lose it just as quickly.

It would be cool to see ME go standalone.

Either way, thoroughly impressed with the way it works. Best $175 I've spent recently.
    wow if serato blocked ME there would be so much hate all over there forum in hours! people would revolt. and then every ME user would go to NI and beg them to partner with ME and create a video plugin for traktor. And 6 months later serato would be the #2 dvs
    "Teaser #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIo2FNux_B4"

nice effect graph. lol! DAMMIT!!!!
    time for another teaser i think :)
    Must be....
    If serato blocked ME it would piss a lot of users off and would probably push users to find ways to work around the block. Kind of like jail breaking an iPhone.
    Teaser #3: http://youtu.be/8qABsmd_fbs
    ok teaser 3 looks pretty sweet. i Really hope we your getting close to crossing all the "t's" and dotting all of the "i's". :)
    are you using ME to make these teaser videos? or your ME 2.0
  • edited February 2012
    Well, the effects applied to the MIXEMERGENCY lettering are straight out of ME 2.0.... but the entire "video" composition itself is actually a custom Quartz Composition that responds to an audio application (which plays the audio, and sends events).
    NIck, can you not just create a new DJ software the best of what you do, the best of serato, the best of traktor!

You would make a killing!
    I, for one, am refusing to purchase a rane 62 until I know FOR SURE that ME will work with SSL.
    a custom qtz....so...with that qtz file, you could use....any audio app that can play video files...?

like if traktor could play the audio of an mp4....just not the video...and via this qtz file and ME, play the video?
    I think either you're a bit confused about the Quartz Composition (I'm not sure I've been too clear), or I'm a bit confused about what you've asked....

But basically it is this:

1) The is an audio app that is generating audio and MIDI events
    2) I'm running Quartz Composer at the same time, with a patch that responds to the MIDI events (and in that patch I have programmed all the animations/transitions to react to these events, etc)

It doesn't really have anything to do with any other programs. The effects on the MIXEMERGENCY lettering were generated by MixEmergency, but then saved, and loaded into the Quartz Composition for display - so they're not being done in real time.... Though, actually they could be if I sent MIDI notes to change effect presets in MixEmergency, and then routed the output (via Syphon) into my Quartz Composition.
    It's clear as day. You guys don't get it ?
    Can't wait!
    I never get it...*sniff*
    Teaser #4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKLX_pq36Kk
    My new guess is that you're merging with serato!
    Better yet, inklen is buying serato........
    Haha
    Ok nick.... this is getting ridiculous. When are you gonna give us something actually informative? and are you any closer to giving us a date yet? I dont know how well it would work out for you, Nick, but if serato bought ME and just made it the new video plugin that would be amazing, or if they offered 2 video plugin's the cheap serato video, and the expensive ME. Anyway im sure that's not the case. its is fun to speculate. Back to the point of this post....... Any closer to giving us a date? any chance we will get anything better than a teaser video soon?
    It's looking like March for the release of 2.0.
    ....all going well, that is.
  • 67 teasers later... lol
    hey ball parking it for march is great, I hope nobody comes and posts on march 1st asking where the update is :0 i will at least give you until the 15th before i start asking those questions :)
    All these teasers are pointless for those getting a 62 or upgrading ssl to 2.4.
    lol @ skinnyguy!! agreed! EXCEPT .... for the fact all our VJ buddies on FB keep posting how well ME 2.0 runs on their MBP with everything else going. I wanna say "SHUT UP YOU BETA TESTERS!" LOL! Can't wait till it drops :D
    eh? i don't know anybody on fb running ME betas....damn. i must suck.
    i saw a post today on in one of my groups. i was like SHIT!! I want it! lol
    what group Pop?
    Video DJ's
    http://vimeo.com/37616659

I was really hoping to see an expanded media bank (at least twice the size) and saving of presents for the quartz overlay, But this offering are so far amazing!!!!!! thanks nick for all your hard work! I will be sticking with ME as long as humanly possible, i just hope this whole thing with serato get sorted out. :) and thanks josh and the other guy(no clue what his name is) for making this video.

On a side note for video editors you guys make long ass videos.
  • lmao code:E I was thinking the exact same thing the whole time I was watching it :)
    maybe they should've cut that vid into 2 parts
    then we would have never watched the 1st one.
    Nick, please tell me you got my decay in there.... Teaser looks like it :-)
    @knappy - no, unfortunately it's not the effect/decay idea that we discussed.
    By the way guys, there's quite a bit more in 2.0 that Josh and Eloy didn't cover that you have to look forward to once it is released ;)

(they did cover most of the most important changes though)
    like an expanded media bank??????? (fingers crossed)
    whaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! =O
    @Nick -- can you give us a release date for 2.0 :)
    OMG NICK!!!!! its march 1st!!!! you said ME 2.0 would be out in march. we are already one day in where the hell is tis program we all feel so entitled to having without paying for it!!!!

I hope the sarcasm in that is obvious.

@djtapout - give nick a little bit of leeway, I too am excited for ME 2.0 but he did only say march sometime. So lets give him at least until the 15th (half way) before we start using up his time responding to our requests for an update.
    i will be hitting refresh on the ME page 24/7 this month..
    @Skinnyguy i will be also hitting that refresh button 24/7 :)
    lol!! not as much, but i will be keeping a keen eye out ;)
    hmm...nope...nothing yet...
    this is like the 10th time today i have checked too......

And im sure its gonna be like that for the next 30 days
    It's not going to be out in the next few weeks.
    my stomach is in knots.
    lol
    i love all the detail in that statement
    next few weeks?????

when i googled few its said Few=3

Dose that mean 3 weeks away?????
    sad panda :( I understand you got a lot going on nick. And if you need to re adjust the timeline for ME 2.0 till april please let us know. :)
    *getting blue balls*
    I could have swore you said it "would" be out in the next few weeks. Damn, oh well. Make it stable - I'll keep waiting. ;)
    hoping this comes out before i get my 62Z and that it works with the new serato :)
    If nick can't find hooks in the new serato to get ME to work again, I hope NI takes a hard look at ME. I would be gon off serato next week if i could get ME on Traktor.
    i know there wont be an updat fee for 2.0... but just curious as to how much an update fee is when it's required.