Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request

edited February 2009 in MixList
Pertaining to the Text on screen feature.. I think it would be cool to have other effects that the text can do than just the Scroll effect. A Blink/Strobe effect would be nice. Other than that ME rocks.

thanks

Comments

• edited 12:51PM
    Hmmm, that could be cool/useful.
    I would like to be able to start/stop with the push of a button, or is that something I'm missing?
    Sorry for the delay - I somehow missed this post.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that you want to start/stop the text scrolling by pushing a button?
    That's exactly what he means. It's a bit of a pain to open the overlay window, line up your mouse on the enable, then start or stop it....... especially if your like me and mixing into a new track about every 2 minutes. Keyboard shortcuts and midi mapable functions really do speed things up ALOT.
    You can map the enable button (and almost all of the other overlay controls) to MIDI buttons/sliders. Just option-click them like all other MIDI assignable controls.
    SON OF A BISCUIT !!!! Gotta go try it now...........
  • edited March 2010
    hey im new...still havent bought the product butt im havin a blast with the demo..i just came over to the dark side (MACs)...love it this was one of the first things i wanted to tryout with serato...i love it.....but theres something that i thought might be cool to explore....a relative mode for the video file...what i mean is lets say i have a 20 min video of whatever ....lets say for arguments sake a bboy competition linked to deck one...and my first song is done an ive mixed the next song and vid on deck two...now when i load my 3rd song the video source insted of going back to the beginning...it picks up where i left off from the previous track...oh *ding....lol how about the instant doubles feature thats in serato...but for mixemergency...it be sick for beat juggling(that works when i do it for serato..lol just saw it...) ....lol can u tell im exited!!! keep up the good work!!!...
    Yeah - the relative mode is an interesting idea. Will definitely think about it.

As far as instant double goes - if you "instant double" a video track in Scratch Live it should also load up in MixEmergency (and copy across the video current effects from the other channel too).
    hey i was at work ....in a ditch...lol ya i was thinking about mixemergency while digging a ditch!....and came up with this.... Pinning .....what do i mean when i say "pinning"??....well lets say i have the matrix as my video source @ the neo vs the smith fight at the end of the first movie...and i wanted to pin a specific punch or cue point to a kick drum...i know u guys have that link to track algorithm working like a charm...i was wondering if it would be possible to have a pinning or cue point set up....this is would have to tie into my previous idea of relative mode...each video could have 5 cue points like serato....and when i trigger them in serato via keyboard or midi control it would jump to the corresponding video cues i had set in mixemergency...the effect would make for a real visual mess of random video parts and its cool cuz you guy already have the feature that restarts the video source when its done..... also a "scrub" feature....where i could scrub to the part i want the vid to start from when the music starts to play....LOL i really think that the approach u guys r taking with this thing is cool...much cooler than slv...i dont like to mix music videos... with MixEmergency... it doesnt mean my set has to without visuals...i love it
    oh it also be cool if it supported a live cam....like a dv cam connected live eye of the dj booth...lol now im getting fancy!
    on another note....Tonetable on the ipad would be sick.... theres a wireless midi protocol Zeroconf standard...where im going with this is...if the ipad is a hit...and it might be creative ppl like your company and ppl like me tha will make it or break it...Sooooo here i go (TWO IPADS NEEDED)... have Tonetable on the screen ....simple right...ok now with a sprinkle of geek dust lets put a small window....with what u ask?? the video that would be linked to either the left or right deck on serato....now the library thumb nail thingy at the bottom....along with the fx wiggit ....oh man im such a day dreamer lol...also it be cool if toneable had a an outer ring that could be used like the outer ring on the cdj 1000 to slow or speed up a track like a nudge feature....fuck if i keep this up your heads are gonna blow up....bye for now
    Hehe, thanks for your feedback - that's a lot to think about :)

I like the "pinning" idea.
    i love ME... the only thing i feel i loose when i switched from video SL was 2 effects per video. i find with 2 effects you can do much much more by combining the effects to get a super effect. you should add another 2 more effects im really missing that feature!
    Yeah - I've had a few people ask for further effect slots. Currently there are some ideas for the future (which I can't go into detail about) that may make it better to stick with just one effect slot.
    hhhmm well i guess ill just have to wait and see what you come up with. the only thing im looking to do is have a slide show or a still image look more cool than it does with one effect. for example one effect that goes well with sound like cube rotating on bass so it goes with music, and one that changes color a lot like strobe... now you get a way cool effect with a single still photo that goes with the music and changes colors and is much more interesting than just one of those effects would be. it is a pain in the neck to control both in vsl... so maybe something that can do both more efficiently? also on a seperate note.. im not sure if this feature is availible but i cant seem to figure it out.... say im playing a mp4 in serato and the video loads the way it should into ME, but i want to add own media. so i drag the media to the video deck thats playing and it switches to the media (the way it should) ok now comes the problem... say i want to go back to the original media from the mp4.. how do i do it? if i hit the eject button all the media is gone! so thats the question how to i get back to original media after i have changed it to my own? if this feature isnt available it would be very nice to have.
    Hmmm - there isn't any way to go back to the original media (other than reloading the track in Scratch Live). I'll have a think about solutions.
    Is there a way you can get Mix List to start up with ME is opened?
    hey Nick I personally like ur work very much I have used ME for a few times and for sure its a great product..... I would like to personally request u to pliz make a pc version of ur software, the few times I have used the ME is because I rented the macbook which is so expensive. please try as much as possible to make it happens because I don't see why my laptop which has a core i5 processor wth turbo boost til 2.9 Ghz, 6gb ram and amd 6370 of 512 mb can't do the job.... as far as I know ur software is really stable and as far as I know it would be really great to use, as for now am using serato video which is really limiting me to provide high quality work as I was being forced to hire the macbook.... I hope u will get back to me soon... otherwsie thank so much
    A Windows version (with many of the Mac-specific features removed) would be possible - but unfortunately it's not a priority at the moment.
    thanks nick for ur feedback... when it becomes a priority please do notify us, am more than willing to wait for it :)