Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MixEmergency 2.1.0 Public Beta

edited July 2012 in MixEmergency
Here is a link to download the public beta of MixEmergency 2.1.0:

[Edit] MixEmergency 2.1.0 is officially out now, so you can download it here: http://www.inklen.com/mixemergency/download/

The major change in this version is the addition of compatibility with Scratch Live 2.4 and higher. MixEmergency 2.1 is still compatible with older versions - so you can use any version of Scratch Live starting from 1.9.2.

I had previously announced that there were plans to charge an upgrade fee for MixEmergency 1 license holders when version 2.1 of MixEmergency was released, but that has now been delayed until version 2.2.

Changes:

- MixEmergency is now compatible with Scratch Live 2.4 and higher
- Fixed crashes when using certain cameras (and iPhone streaming apps) with the Video Input overlay
- Fixed an issue that could cause excessive CPU use when cueing a track
- Fixed text overlay rendering issues on Retina MacBook Pros
- Fixed incorrectly sized window titles on Retina MacBook Pros

Comments

• edited 9:04PM
    thanks Nick.
    Thanks Nick for this one!!!
    Awesome Nick!!!
    excellent news.... glad to hear it!!!
    fucking nick. now i'm gonna have to buy a 62. damn you and your awesomeness.

=)
    I can confirm the text overlay and window titles work on the new Retina Macbook.

Do you know if ME will work in mountain lion to be released in the next coming weeks?
    No, I don't know for sure - and won't know for sure until it has been more thoroughly tested by a wider range of users.
    YES !!!!
    Super awesome Nick.
    there is a god!
    hey Nick does this work with Serato itch? because i was thinking of buying a controller to do small gigs. and leave the 1200's at the house :)
    Hey djtapout - MixEmergency will only work with Scratch Live.
    Thanks Nick awesome work as usual
    You're a legend Nick :)

I think sales of the 62 are gonna jump up with this release!
    Thanks Nick! For the Great Technology! Advancement.
    Nick, first FX, now 2.4 compatibility. Looks like someone is getting some drinks on Knappy in Vegas....
    haha
    great job Nick.
    Sweetness!! Can't wait to try it out!
    HYFR!!!! Yes...Yes...Yes!!!
    GOD is awesome...so is NICK!

~got damn that DJ made my day!
  • edited July 2012
    AWESOME NEWS! Thanks Nick!

I just put Mountain Lion on 1 of my macs and Everything seems to be working ok! Imma test this out at home and see how it goes:)
    Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Such good news... thanks Nick ... awesome job!
    AWESOME Nick i though so but did not hurt to ask lol
    Great JOB
    Am i the only one who cant figure out how to hide the dock when ME is open... i know i can go into the OSX settings and hide it permanently but i dont remember this being required in past versions of ME. Any help is appreciated.
    It's in the preferences:

MixEmergency -> Preferences -> General -> "Auto-hide menu bar and dock"

It will only auto-hide the menu bar and dock when MixEmergency is "pinned" to float over all other windows (the little pin button in the top-right corner of the main MixEmergency window).
    Schweet!!
    Very well done.

So is this way of reworking ME with Serato as reliable as the last implementation..? Or did it take some trickery? (just curious)
    Yes - you won't notice any difference in terms of reliability.

There is one thing I forgot to mention though - when using Scratch Live 2.4 or higher, the contour and reverse buttons for the fader are no longer supported on the Rane TTM57SL, Sixty-Eight, etc... if you like to use the contour then you can still manually set it (it's also MIDI mapable) in MixEmergency's preferences.
    So what version of scratch live are most of the users using ? I'm still too scared to go past 1.9.2 on my main laptop.
    It's in the preferences:

MixEmergency -> Preferences -> General -> "Auto-hide menu bar and dock"

It will only auto-hide the menu bar and dock when MixEmergency is "pinned" to float over all other windows (the little pin button in the top-right corner of the main MixEmergency window).

Thanks Nick.. was it always like this?... i dont remember having to do that and i thought i could just command + tab to switch back and forth between ME and serato
    I can't remember exactly which version that was added, but it has been in there for a long time now.
    djphenominal - from talking a lot of users, it seems as though most people are using either Scratch Live 1.9.2 or 2.3.3. I would imagine that most people using 2.3.3 will upgrade to 2.4.2 (particularly those with the Rane Sixty-One and Sixty-Two mixers).
    i think I'll take a baby step and try 2.3.3 on my older laptop.
    Why is everyone going so nuts over the Rane Sixty-One/Two mixers. Does the Rane 57 not still provide most of the same functionality? Doesn't ME work just the same on either platform?
    the sixty two is consider a better mixer than the 57 because it has better effects, better control over the sp6/loops/cues, 2 usb, midi, and better flexfx routing.

if you have had the 57 for some time then it's a sensible upgrade. of if you are in the market for a new mixer. it's one of the best out.
    thanks nick..
    Hi to all,
    at the moment I am using Rane62 + SSL 2.4.2 + Serato Video
    When I read this, it was like XMas for me, because I am fascinated from ME.

Do I need a serial number to Test the new Beta-Version?

Br
    MooN
    congrats nick! i look forward to seeing Mix Emergency grow!

i gotta admit.. i didnt think it was gonna happen. now i can buy the rane 62!!!!!
    DjTayfunMooN - you can just run MixEmergency 2.1 as a demo to test.
    the 62 has split cue. been waiting forever for that.

i'm jumping from 192 to 242. hope 242 is okay on my xp machine...just to keep everything on same page.
    what are the limitations of the public beta? is it watermarked or have a time restriction?
    It's the same as the regular version of MixEmergency.... it will work for 30 minutes at a time and have a watermark over the output for non-licensed users - for all licensed users it is fully functional.
    ah ok, so i cant test it at a gig then, thanks for the info
  • edited July 2012
    When will ME get out of beta?
  • edited July 2012
    I bet after or during the vjdc2 conference.
    now I really wish that windows users will not be left out.... I badly need this software to work on my pc
    @Nick - I tried it out..... it is amazing..... I bought a license for it...
    Thanks Nick, thanky Inklen for the grat Job...
    :)
    So glad this happened I had my finger on the trigger aimed at a ztrip since it dropped.
    I am using the 2.1 beta with a Rane 62Z and 2.4. It seems to work fine until i close Scratch Live: it just hangs indefinitely. I have not been able to successfully shut SL down after using the beta with the 62 for more than a few minutes.
    I noticed that SL has to rebuild overviews for several videos since the upgrade. I'm not sure if these two things are related but my first thought was that I played so many videos that needed rebuilt overviews that on shutdown SL was taking a long time to write the database (?) so I let it sit and do it's business overnight and it continued to hang for several hours.
    I just wanted to report my experience so far.
    That 62 is money.
    ME would can't cause SSL to hang or crash. for all intensive purposes they are separate programs. SSL isn't even aware that ME is running.

what version of SSL did you upgrade from?
    I know they are separate. I was sharing my experience so far. I upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.4.0. I'm installing 2.4.2 now.
    You should try 2.3.3 before going straight to 2.4.. I heard the overviews are very buggy in 2.4 especially the columns.....
    just make sure you re-analyse your entire library. there where changes in 2.3.3.

also 2.4.2 has been rock solid for me once i re-analyzed. once in a blue moon serato will freeze for a few secs while a track loads tho.
    Re-analyzing = 2 day operation lolol...
    wait....so the best way to go to 2.4 is to go to 2.3 first and re-analyze there?
    there were a lot of back-end changes especially with regards to video tagging from what I understand. you should prob post in the serato forums regarding this to get more help
    yeah. i re-analyzed EVERYTHING with 2.3.3 then went to 2.4.2
    is 2.3.3 better at re-analyzing than 2.4.2 or something?
    MixEmergency 2.1 is now officially released.
    I just used 2.3.3 to reanalyze before 2.4.2 came out. I analyze my newer additions with 2.4.2. But maybe just do your whole library with 2.3.3 then go over 2.4.2. That's what I did, so that's all I can attest to :)
    i know there's changes to tagging in 2.3, which is why i'm still at 2.0 at the latest...but i've heard some good things about 2.4

i figured i could just jump straight to 2.4, right? don't see why i gotta go to 2.3 first, unless there is something quirky about analyzing in 2.4 that 2.3 doesn't do..
    you don't have to go 2.3.3. first. the only thing you need to do if you go straight to 2.4.x is re-analyze your entire library.
    I upgraded to the newest version of Scratch Live & ME last week. the first night i used it everything worked great. Last night My faders wouldn't link on my rane 57. I double checked all the buttons and settings it was suppose to link with crossfader. so to be safe i tried linking with cue fader and up faders and nothing worked. i had to hot key an auto transition. I rebooted restarted and all. Is there any issue like this out there?
    There is an issue with Scratch Live 2.4.3 that is causing this. This will hopefully be resolved soon.

In the meantime, you can either revert to Scratch Live 2.4.2, or in Scratch Live 2.4.3 enable and then disable Serato Video in the Plug-ins' tab of the Setup screen (this will allow the faders to work).
    So which scratch live and ME is on enable serato video, then disable, and my crossfader should link?
    You can do that with Scratch Live 2.4.3.
    cool i'll try that tonight when i get set up thanks again!
  • and what of serial key