MixEmergency Release Notes
- Added playback of MixEmergency Media Sequences.
- Added Media Sequence Editor.
- Added collapsable sections to the Overlays window.
- Added Blend Modes for the NDI and Syphon Overlays.
- Added Phoenix and Glow Blend Modes.
- Added custom dimensions for NDI output.
- Added options to the pop-up menus of the Sample Player to add NDI and Syphon inputs.
- Added support for relative paths in all Preset types.
- Updated NDI to use the latest v2 SDK.
- Reduced the minimum dimensions of the Preview windows.
- Reduced CPU usage when crossfading.
- Moved the audio recording channels to below the recording device pop-up menu.
- Fixed issues loading certain images not an RGB colourspace.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Serato DJ XML metadata to not be read in some cases.
- Fixed a potential crash when using the Text Overlay.
- Fixed a bug where the a connected screen could not be used if it had the same name as another screen.
- Fixed a potential locking issue when starting MixEmergency.
- Fixed a bug where memory available to the GPU was incorrectly reported when it was over 2GB.
- Fixed a bug where the full list of Blend Modes was not available to the Sample Player.
- Fixed a bug where MIDI increment/decrement would not work for the control mode of MixEmergency's effects.
- Fixed issues authorising MixEmergency on certain computers.
- Correctly set the minimum macOS version to 10.8.
- Fixed small memory leaks.
- Optimised Preview View rendering, boosting output frame rates.
- Optimised CPU usage when idle.
- Added a Lowest setting to the Preview View Update Rate Preference and lowered the rates for the other options.
- Fixed a bug where the Preview Update Rate Preference wouldn't work in the Single-Window preview mode.
- Fixed a bug that could stop the Auto-fade button from working in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where the selected effect in the FX section of the Mixer FX wasn't saved correctly.
MixEmergency 3.1.0 adds NDI input (via the main channels, and as an Overlay) and output.
This allows you to stream video over your local network to MixEmergency or other software acting as an NDI destination.
Use NDI input and output to mix video between computers for easily changing between Video DJs, mixing with 3 or more decks, sending your mix to a VJ, sending your mix to professional video production software, etc.
Note that from this version onward you are required to be connected to the Internet when authorising or deauthorising MixEmergency.
- Added online activation for authorization codes.
- Added NDI input, output, and overlay (video sharing over local networks - NDI.NewTek.com).
- Added Syphon input and overlay.
- Added loading and saving of NDI and Syphon inputs to the Media Bank via the right-click menu.
- Added CDG / Karaoke file playback.
- Added beat delay option when auto-fading.
- Added locking of media to a channel via the right-click menu of the Preview views.
- Added Scaling control to the Video Input overlay.
- Added progress pop-up window when recording is stopped.
- Added support for reading beat data for Pulselocker audio files.
- Added support for FLAC files as an audio format.
- Added tooltips to the Sample Player to display the media path.
- Added drag and drop reordering of the items with Preset lists.
- Added Eject option via the right-click menu of the Preview views.
- Added MIDI output from the FX Sequencer's beat indicator.
- The crossfader now changes colour when auto-fading to indicate that it is being controlled by the auto-fade.
- Increased fader cut-in maximum to 45%.
- Increased the range of the Brightness Color Correction Preference.
- Increased the minimum supported version of Mac OS X to 10.8.
- Media Title, Artist, Album, and Position inputs are now available to effect and transition Quartz Compositions.
- Optimised video buffering.
- Changed the order of items on the Overlays window to reflect the layering order.
- Changed the colour of tab text labels to be more easily readable.
- Changed the order of effects in the FX Sequencer and Mixer FX sections to be sorted alphabetically.
- Removed "Fade with cue-fader" crossfader control mode.
- Reduced CPU usage when idle (in Multiple-window preview mode) by 30%.
- Increased the tolerance around the center points of the High, Mid., and Low EQ controls of the Mixer FX.
- Fixed playback issues when playing high frame rate video.
- Fixed issues where video could stall on export.
- Fixed issues reading MIDI Clock from certain applications.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't change the Transition Parameter via MIDI when using Random transitions.
- Fixed color issues when using GPU-accelerated video decoding.
- Fixed "Media Eject" Preference when loading AIFF and WAV files.
- Fixed issues when stepping through lists using the MIDI Increment and Decrement modes.
- Fixed bugs relating to recording.
- Fixed GPU-accelerated playback issues when video files have large keyframe distances.
- Fixed GPU-accelerated playback bug where some frames could be incorrectly buffered.
- Fixed GPU-accelerated playback issues when the video decoder encounters poorly encoded frames.
- Fixed bug where the Border Fill feature would not work with Hap encoded files.
- Fixed bug where the Mix control for the Output effect slot would not work.
- Fixed bug where effects would render incorrectly on the left and right channel when an overlay rendered directly to the channel.
- Fixed display bug when playing media in the Sample Player and enabling or disabling the Advanced Output.
- Reduced minimum cache size limit to 100 MB.
- Fixed playback issues decoding the first frames of a video when GPU-accelerated video decoding is used.
- Fixed playback of uncommon video frame types.
- Added a warning message when the Cache Size is set outside of the recommended settings.
- The Delay Compensation Helper Tool can now render through the Syphon Output channel.
- Fixed "launch path not accessible" bug (which could cause MixEmergency to fail to launch correctly).
- Significantly optimised MixEmergency's use of CPU, GPU, and RAM.
- Added new Folder Mode to the Media Bank to scan and load from a folder of clips.
- Added Delay Compensation Helper tool.
- Added new MIDI Pick option when learning a new MIDI control.
- Added improved Anti-Aliasing mode.
- Added a Tiled Scroll effect for overlays.
- Adjusted cache size range from 200MB to 1GB.
- Added playback support for .ivz files.
- Increased the minimum supported version of Mac OS X to 10.7.
- Added + and - buttons to allow increased delay compensation values.
- Added opacity sliders for Sample Player and FX Sequencer windows to the Preferences.
- Quartz Composition inputs are now handed through to Quartz Compositions played from the Sample Player.
- Improved display handling.
- Fixed a display issue when frame blending was enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the first frame to flash in the Sample Player when playback finishes in the regular playback mode.
- Added workaround for some Quartz Composition rendering issues that could stop some compositions from rendering correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Sample Player to output a large amount of data when recording. This fixes issues with exports and file relocation for performances recorded with 2.7.0.
- Added new Sample Player feature.
- Added support for GPU-accelerated playback of Hap encoded movies (download the codec here).
- Added support for animated GIF files (for both decks and in the Image Overlay).
- Added a Rate control to the Transport view.
- Added right-click menu to the Quartz Composition and Image Overlay file-drop areas.
- Added Blend modes for Quartz Composition Overlays.
- Quartz Composition and Image Overlay file-drop areas can now display a preview image.
- Updated Syphon to the latest version (fixes some issues with Channel 1 and 2 output).
- Optimised RGB Delay effect.
- Fixed issues syncing beats when playing short video loops over longer audio tracks.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the FX Sequencer to fail to trigger when using the One-shot (synced) mode.
- Fixed bug where the window close buttons were not working on the split preview windows.
- Fixed file path issues when using Serato DJ 1.7 or higher.
- Fixed memory deallocation bugs.
- Added a work-around for file path issues when audio-only files are loaded into Serato DJ or Scratch Live.
- Added new Mixer FX feature.
- Added compatibility with 14-bit MIDI messages.
- Added a right-click menu to the Media Bank, allowing users to Delete, Reveal in Finder, or Clear the entire Media Bank.
- Added value displays to the edges of all Mapping Graphs for easier editing.
- Added abbreviated labels to Preset and Control window tabs for easier identification.
- Added dragging of Preset files from the Finder into the Preset List to import them.
- Added Copy and Paste to the right-click menu for presets.
- Added automatic thumbnail generation for items in the Media Bank (accessed through the right-click menu).
- Added a progress bar when importing the MixEmergency recording file for export.
- Random transition changes now trigger a Transition notification.
- The MIDI learn pop-up window now hides after learning a new control.
- The up and down arrow keys can now be used to navigate within the lists of the Presets window.
- Optimised the following effects: Brightness, Bump, Hue, Kaleidoscope, Pixellate, Posterize, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Zoom.
- Reduced RAM usage when exporting a recording.
- Custom export dimensions now have their width value rounded to the closest multiple of 4 to avoid a potential crash.
- Fixed an issue where the underlying beat grid would not align correctly when playing media in MixEmergency and a MP3, M4A, AIFF, or WAV file in Serato DJ/Scratch Live.
- Fixed file path issues when using Serato DJ or the latest versions of Scratch Live.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash after loading many Quartz Compositions containing the Movie Importer patch.
- Fixed a bug where the One-Shot modes of the FX Sequencer could trigger in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the recording function to record more data than necessary for the FX Sequencer.
- Fixed several potential memory leaks.
- Fixed issues triggering Image, Quartz Composition, and Video Input overlay presets via MIDI.
- Fixed issues scrolling through the preset lists via MIDI.
- All beat-related features can now be synced to an external MIDI Clock signal.
- Preset triggers can now be mapped individually.
- Added importing and exporting of individual, and banks of, presets.
- Added editing of MIDI control type, control/note number, and channel, directly from within the MIDI assignment window.
- Increased the number of slots in the Media Bank to 16.
- Added a section for Media Bank presets to the Presets window.
- Added Stay Reverse transition.
- MIDI-learn mode no longer activates directly after deleting a MIDI mapping.
- Fixed issues displaying 16-bit images.
- Fixed issues with the Blur filter when used within the automatic Border Fill feature.
- Fixed the Video Input overlay not displaying in the preview window under certain circumstances.
- Fixed some display issues in the Media Bank.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Save and Trash preset buttons to not respond when controlled via MIDI.
- Officially compatible with Serato DJ.
- Fixed issues loading files with certain filepaths.
- Changed the default fader side on start-up.
- Fixed a crashing bug when switching to full-screen mode while a channel effect is engaged.
- Reduced the minimum size of the Output window.
- Fixed output screen positioning issues (Mac OS X 10.9).
- Fixed an issue where some controls on the main MixEmergency window would not respond (Mac OS X 10.9).
- Improved the rendering pipeline to allow effect plug-ins to access image data from both channels.
- Added Video Input overlay presets.
- Added notifications for FX Sequencer presets.
- Fixed an audio recording issue that could cause recording to stop for some users.
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain MIDI messages to be lost.
- Refined and redesigned the user-interface.
- Added a new FX Sequencer.
- Optimised video pipeline, reducing CPU usage by around 30% when playing HD videos.
- Added new auto-fade mode (triggered via the crossfader).
- Added Quality control for Video Input overlay.
- Added controls to set the autofade duration in beats.
- Added a new autofade duration knob to the Control window.
- Effect presets can now be assigned specific target channels per preset (right-click to modify).
- Effect preset titles can now be edited (double-click to edit).
- Added a parameter window for Quartz Composition overlays.
- Added title/value labels for a number of controls.
- Added MIDI mapping of the external control pop-up button.
- Increased the delay compensation range.
- Quartz Composition Effect and Transitions can now access the new Beat value input.
- Added a Reset button to the MIDI window for quickly resetting all MIDI mappings.
- Added in and out indicators for all MIDI mappable controls.
- Fixed issues with text positioning when recording.
- Fixed issues reading tags from files processed with Scratch Live 2.3.3 or higher.
- Fixed issues when using some rotary MIDI knobs.
- Fixed bug where certain control change messages would save their mappings incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where Grid mode control of effects would not take into account delay compensation.
- Fixed issues where album art was not being loaded correctly when used with Scratch Live 2.4 or higher.
- Fixed issues with QuickTime edit points causing some files to display incorrectly.
- Fixed issues with the file relocation function.
- Fixed minor issues with the notification windows.
- Fixed issues when using large numbers of transitions.
- Fixed minor memory leaks.
- Removed MixEmergency 1 licensing system (a MixEmergency 2 authorization code is now required).
- Added compatibility with Scratch Live 2.4 and higher.
- Fixed crashes when using certain cameras (and iPhone streaming apps) with the Video Input overlay.
- Fixed an issue that could cause excessive CPU use when cueing a track.
- Fixed text overlay rendering issues on Retina MacBook Pros.
- Fixed incorrectly sized window titles on Retina MacBook Pros.
- Fixed authorization issues.
- Fixed camera crashing issues introduced in 2.0.3.
- Fixed positioning issues when using MIDI crossfaders.
- Fixed issues with color correction when the windowed and fullscreen output sizes were equal.
- Fixed a beat alignment issue for files using Beat Grids.
- Color correction now works when the Advanced Output is enabled.
- Fixed a crash on start-up.
- Added Blend Modes for effects.
- Added Grid/BPM control mode for effects and transitions.
- Added automatic border-fill overlays.
- Added MIDI output.
- Added video camera input as an overlay.
- Added effect and transition change notification system.
- Added Advanced Output options (with basic projection mapping and output size control).
- Added pop-up editor for the effect Mapping Graphs.
- Quartz Composition Overlays can now be saved and triggered as presets.
- Added layer/shift modifiers for MIDI controls.
- Added MIDI input and output connection options on the MIDI window.
- Added a preference to enable anti-aliasing.
- Improved handling of alpha channels (useful when output via Syphon).
- Added Beat, BPM, and file path input keys for Quartz Compositions.
- Added display of the MIDI channel on the MIDI mapping pop-up window.
- The low memory warning will no longer open the Messages window.
- Added fine adjustment of knob controls by holding the Shift key.
- Added "Get More Plug-Ins..." button in the preferences.
- Minor user-interface modifications.
- Fixed colorspace issues with some effects.
- Fixed issues when MIDI mapping Quartz Composition controls.
- Fixed a rare video track timing issue that affected certain files.
- Fixed an issue when recording to a file with Unicode characters in the file's path.
- Fixed a bug where triggering an empty image overlay would not clear the current image.
- Fixed the display of the Bass Mapping Graph for the output effect.
- Fixed the incorrect display of the Invert state of MIDI mappings when adding a new mapping.
- Fixed bugs and improved the logging of audio recording errors.
- Fixed a bug when triggering presets with the "B2 P1", etc, buttons.
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by moving the output window between screens with certain Quartz Compositions loaded.
- Fixed several minor memory leaks.
Minimum Requirements - Mac (2010 model or later) - Mac OS X 10.8.5 - Scratch Live 1.9.2, Serato DJ 1.6, or Serato DJ Pro