MixEmergency Release Notes
- Fixed a bug that caused the Sample Player to output a large amount of data when recording. This fixes issues with exports and file relocation for performances recorded with 2.7.0.
- Added new Sample Player feature.
- Added support for GPU-accelerated playback of Hap encoded movies (download the codec here).
- Added support for animated GIF files (for both decks and in the Image Overlay).
- Added a Rate control to the Transport view.
- Added right-click menu to the Quartz Composition and Image Overlay file-drop areas.
- Added Blend modes for Quartz Composition Overlays.
- Quartz Composition and Image Overlay file-drop areas can now display a preview image.
- Updated Syphon to the latest version (fixes some issues with Channel 1 and 2 output).
- Optimised RGB Delay effect.
- Fixed issues syncing beats when playing short video loops over longer audio tracks.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the FX Sequencer to fail to trigger when using the One-shot (synced) mode.
- Fixed bug where the window close buttons were not working on the split preview windows.
- Fixed file path issues when using Serato DJ 1.7 or higher.
- Fixed memory deallocation bugs.
- Added a work-around for file path issues when audio-only files are loaded into Serato DJ or Scratch Live.
- Added new Mixer FX feature.
- Added compatibility with 14-bit MIDI messages.
- Added a right-click menu to the Media Bank, allowing users to Delete, Reveal in Finder, or Clear the entire Media Bank.
- Added value displays to the edges of all Mapping Graphs for easier editing.
- Added abbreviated labels to Preset and Control window tabs for easier identification.
- Added dragging of Preset files from the Finder into the Preset List to import them.
- Added Copy and Paste to the right-click menu for presets.
- Added automatic thumbnail generation for items in the Media Bank (accessed through the right-click menu).
- Added a progress bar when importing the MixEmergency recording file for export.
- Random transition changes now trigger a Transition notification.
- The MIDI learn pop-up window now hides after learning a new control.
- The up and down arrow keys can now be used to navigate within the lists of the Presets window.
- Optimised the following effects: Brightness, Bump, Hue, Kaleidoscope, Pixellate, Posterize, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Zoom.
- Reduced RAM usage when exporting a recording.
- Custom export dimensions now have their width value rounded to the closest multiple of 4 to avoid a potential crash.
- Fixed an issue where the underlying beat grid would not align correctly when playing media in MixEmergency and a MP3, M4A, AIFF, or WAV file in Serato DJ/Scratch Live.
- Fixed file path issues when using Serato DJ or the latest versions of Scratch Live.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash after loading many Quartz Compositions containing the Movie Importer patch.
- Fixed a bug where the One-Shot modes of the FX Sequencer could trigger in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the recording function to record more data than necessary for the FX Sequencer.
- Fixed several potential memory leaks.
- Fixed issues triggering Image, Quartz Composition, and Video Input overlay presets via MIDI.
- Fixed issues scrolling through the preset lists via MIDI.
- All beat-related features can now be synced to an external MIDI Clock signal.
- Preset triggers can now be mapped individually.
- Added importing and exporting of individual, and banks of, presets.
- Added editing of MIDI control type, control/note number, and channel, directly from within the MIDI assignment window.
- Increased the number of slots in the Media Bank to 16.
- Added a section for Media Bank presets to the Presets window.
- Added Stay Reverse transition.
- MIDI-learn mode no longer activates directly after deleting a MIDI mapping.
- Fixed issues displaying 16-bit images.
- Fixed issues with the Blur filter when used within the automatic Border Fill feature.
- Fixed the Video Input overlay not displaying in the preview window under certain circumstances.
- Fixed some display issues in the Media Bank.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Save and Trash preset buttons to not respond when controlled via MIDI.
- Officially compatible with Serato DJ.
- Fixed issues loading files with certain filepaths.
- Changed the default fader side on start-up.
- Fixed a crashing bug when switching to full-screen mode while a channel effect is engaged.
- Reduced the minimum size of the Output window.
- Fixed output screen positioning issues (Mac OS X 10.9).
- Fixed an issue where some controls on the main MixEmergency window would not respond (Mac OS X 10.9).
- Improved the rendering pipeline to allow effect plug-ins to access image data from both channels.
- Added Video Input overlay presets.
- Added notifications for FX Sequencer presets.
- Fixed an audio recording issue that could cause recording to stop for some users.
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain MIDI messages to be lost.
- Refined and redesigned the user-interface.
- Added a new FX Sequencer.
- Optimised video pipeline, reducing CPU usage by around 30% when playing HD videos.
- Added new auto-fade mode (triggered via the crossfader).
- Added Quality control for Video Input overlay.
- Added controls to set the autofade duration in beats.
- Added a new autofade duration knob to the Control window.
- Effect presets can now be assigned specific target channels per preset (right-click to modify).
- Effect preset titles can now be edited (double-click to edit).
- Added a parameter window for Quartz Composition overlays.
- Added title/value labels for a number of controls.
- Added MIDI mapping of the external control pop-up button.
- Increased the delay compensation range.
- Quartz Composition Effect and Transitions can now access the new Beat value input.
- Added a Reset button to the MIDI window for quickly resetting all MIDI mappings.
- Added in and out indicators for all MIDI mappable controls.
- Fixed issues with text positioning when recording.
- Fixed issues reading tags from files processed with Scratch Live 2.3.3 or higher.
- Fixed issues when using some rotary MIDI knobs.
- Fixed bug where certain control change messages would save their mappings incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where Grid mode control of effects would not take into account delay compensation.
- Fixed issues where album art was not being loaded correctly when used with Scratch Live 2.4 or higher.
- Fixed issues with QuickTime edit points causing some files to display incorrectly.
- Fixed issues with the file relocation function.
- Fixed minor issues with the notification windows.
- Fixed issues when using large numbers of transitions.
- Fixed minor memory leaks.
- Removed MixEmergency 1 licensing system (a MixEmergency 2 authorization code is now required).
- Added compatibility with Scratch Live 2.4 and higher.
- Fixed crashes when using certain cameras (and iPhone streaming apps) with the Video Input overlay.
- Fixed an issue that could cause excessive CPU use when cueing a track.
- Fixed text overlay rendering issues on Retina MacBook Pros.
- Fixed incorrectly sized window titles on Retina MacBook Pros.
- Fixed authorization issues.
- Fixed camera crashing issues introduced in 2.0.3.
- Fixed positioning issues when using MIDI crossfaders.
- Fixed issues with color correction when the windowed and fullscreen output sizes were equal.
- Fixed a beat alignment issue for files using Beat Grids.
- Color correction now works when the Advanced Output is enabled.
- Fixed a crash on start-up.
- Added Blend Modes for effects.
- Added Grid/BPM control mode for effects and transitions.
- Added automatic border-fill overlays.
- Added MIDI output.
- Added video camera input as an overlay.
- Added effect and transition change notification system.
- Added Advanced Output options (with basic projection mapping and output size control).
- Added pop-up editor for the effect Mapping Graphs.
- Quartz Composition Overlays can now be saved and triggered as presets.
- Added layer/shift modifiers for MIDI controls.
- Added MIDI input and output connection options on the MIDI window.
- Added a preference to enable anti-aliasing.
- Improved handling of alpha channels (useful when output via Syphon).
- Added Beat, BPM, and file path input keys for Quartz Compositions.
- Added display of the MIDI channel on the MIDI mapping pop-up window.
- The low memory warning will no longer open the Messages window.
- Added fine adjustment of knob controls by holding the Shift key.
- Added "Get More Plug-Ins..." button in the preferences.
- Minor user-interface modifications.
- Fixed colorspace issues with some effects.
- Fixed issues when MIDI mapping Quartz Composition controls.
- Fixed a rare video track timing issue that affected certain files.
- Fixed an issue when recording to a file with Unicode characters in the file's path.
- Fixed a bug where triggering an empty image overlay would not clear the current image.
- Fixed the display of the Bass Mapping Graph for the output effect.
- Fixed the incorrect display of the Invert state of MIDI mappings when adding a new mapping.
- Fixed bugs and improved the logging of audio recording errors.
- Fixed a bug when triggering presets with the "B2 P1", etc, buttons.
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by moving the output window between screens with certain Quartz Compositions loaded.
- Fixed several minor memory leaks.
Minimum Requirements - Mac (2009 model or later) - Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Scratch Live 1.9.2 or Serato DJ 1.6
MixEmergency is honestly the best Video DJ solution right now and, with continual support and evolution to meet our needs, it will stay that way awhile.
MixEmergency is an unparalleled solution for the present and the future of video mixing. I cannot imagine performing my shows without it.
Video Report host & Crooklyn Clan performance artist
As a video DJ, there is no other program I use but MixEmergency! As a video DJ, MixEmergency is a MUST... #PERIOD
International Tour DJ/Bum Squad DJz Founder/CEO